Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Poll: Which Would You Choose? >

Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Old 03-18-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Poll:
Never mind where you got the money from or how you are going to get there, all four are attainable for you and are in preium remote locations with or without guides as you choose. However, you are limited to just one hunt, which would you take? The downside for this windfall hunt is you don't get to do any other "supplemental hunting" around home during the upcoming year. This will be "it" for 2004.

Which Would You Choose?

1. Trophy Moose
2. Trophy Whitetail
3. Trophy Mulie
4. Trophy Bull Elk
Old 03-18-2004, 10:10 AM

Default RE: Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Now this is a tough one.
Trophy moose in Alaska would be awesome. Shooting a 60"+ plus bruiser would certainly be hard to beat, especially if you could add a grizzly bear ...........

Really big trophy whitetails are awesome looking. I would be totally bored hunting them from a treestand or over a food plot however.
But maybe a rut hunt using rattling ..........

Trophy mulies have been my quest for many years. I have a couple nice ones already. Hard to beat that feeling when you have been glassing for hours seeing nothing and then...

Trophy elk with a rifle during the rut is hard to beat. I have a couple nice elk already but really, nothing can compare to a big bull coming in silent and then when he gets within 40 yards of you he busts loose with..........

I pick the trophy muley hunt. Just something about the animal and the mountain country that I couldn't trade for any of the others.
Sitting up on a high vantage point at 10,000 feet as the sun comes up and glassing till your eyes are watering for that buck of a lifetime is where it's at for me.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moose without a doubt.
Seeing them when I was in my treestand or duckblind while living in northern MN I just couldn't believe how cool they were. I have a picture of two 50" bulls walking together. They were about 40 yards away. Had a 30 incher less than 10 feet from my treestand.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Bull Moose. Only because I can never seem to draw a tag.
Trophy Bull Elk would be a close second.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:44 AM

Moose, really big moose, large majestic moose, muuust haave moooose.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:10 AM

Interesting that the moose hunt is getting such high raves....and incidentally, that would be my vote as well :-)

The other hunts would be soooo close for a number one selection, but a 60"+ bull moose would be awesome.

In a response I had to the Alaskan caribou hunt, I mentioned a specific lake we were going to drop into when we were being flown in on a "self guided" hunt. Unfortunately we couldn't land due to the high winds and white caps on the lake, but as we circled the lake, we saw two bulls on opposite mountain ranges and one was WELL into the 60" mark...what a beautiful sight...but I alsmost cried when we had to move on to another area for the hunt :-(
Old 03-18-2004, 11:34 AM
nub

Moose
Old 03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I vote moose also,same reasons as wolf killer.I can't draw a tag.
Elk would be a close behind.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Bull Elk!

There is no more magnificent animal on the planet.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:46 AM
Fork Horn

Id choose a Muley hunt, I want to shoot a big ol 30 inch muley with deep forks during the rut.
Moose would be second
elk would be third
whitetail last

Quick Reply: Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.