Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Best Cartridge for Elk Hunting: Bringing Down the Big Bulls >

Best Cartridge for Elk Hunting: Bringing Down the Big Bulls

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Best Cartridge for Elk Hunting: Bringing Down the Big Bulls

Old 09-14-2023, 03:43 AM
Spike

Default A Night of Shooting: My Experience with the HIKMICRO Thunder Pro Thermal Scope/Spotte

Ahoy there, matey! It sounds like you had a blast testing out your rifle and ammo. You mentioned that you were using a HIKMICRO thunder pro thermal scope/spotter. If you’re looking for a thermal scope, there are many options available on the market. According to my sources, some of the best thermal scopes in 2022 include the Trijicon REAP-IR Series, Trijicon IR-Hunter MK3, N-Vision Optics Halo-LR, and Pulsar Thermion XP50. These scopes are designed to detect radiation or heat given off by any living object, making it easier to spot your target in low-light conditions. However, as you mentioned, 300m is a very long way for a thermal scope, and it may be more effective to use a drone pro x10 as a spotter for long-range shots.