Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Basic Rifle Scope Question >

Basic Rifle Scope Question

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Basic Rifle Scope Question

Old 08-17-2021, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using Leupolds for decades. In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, there are very few hunting scenarios that cannot be covered by a 3x9 scope.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by XrayDoc88
the money and their warranty.
The reason Leupold offers their gold ring warranty is they engineered their s..t to not break whereas the competition expects it to break but makes so much profit on, well, s..t that they can afford to do it.

Last edited by HogFL; 08-19-2021 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:10 AM
Spike

Default Scope question

A lot of Hunters used fixed 4 power when variable scopes had limits of quality. So, having 4.5 power to begin with should not be too bad unless you are hunting in dark, dense timber and then open sights rule IMHO. But then I prefer 2-7 or the new 2,5 to 10 power scopes.
Old 08-21-2021, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Fixed 4 power was good enough for military snipers for a long time. The PSG1 was equipped with a 6x scope.

One thing worth noting is that magnification < clarity. A quality low magnification scope will out perform a low quality high magnification scope.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:52 PM
Spike

Leupold was Making a Fixed 6x and I Bought one a few years ago ( nice Scope ) Decent magnification for most applications and of Course Leupold is Lifetime warranty , Good eye relief and Light Gathering .