Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wall Tents ?

Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 AM

Default RE: Wall Tents ?

BJ,

I haven' t considered the pyramid style tents, but am open to all suggestions. Especially if it is easier to pitch, takes up less room, and won' t weigh the pack stock down too much. You have a website address of a particular brand?
Thanks, NBH
Old 11-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

I like a tent I can pitch myself, and don' t require a couple hours of pole cuttin' before you can even start. My 10x10 pyramid weighs less than my saddle. I use a small cylinder stove to heat it, and I' m as comfortable as the guys in the wall tents, but much more portable.

http://www.strinztipi.com/
Old 11-11-2003, 03:41 PM

Hey Newboar,
Check out the guys at Sheridan Tent & Awning.

www.sheridantent.com

These guys are in Sheridan, WY.......they know tents
and they know hunting. It' s the real deal and I wouldn' t
go anywhere else.
Old 11-11-2003, 10:55 PM

Thanks BJ and Elk Buster
Old 11-12-2003, 06:53 AM

my buddy and I went together last year and bought a Cabelas 12x17 with 5' sidewalls and aluminum pole frame. we got both on sale for about $1,000. We did too much research and looking though in preparing to purchase it - after season we could have gotten one on ebay for less than half. We bought a Cylinder stove and have not been happy with it even though we over sized it according to mfg. specs. Even if you bank it full and choke down the dampers it burns out in less than 2 hrs. so a good sleeping bag is a must. Still looking for a good solution there - maybe purchasing another stove - the Cylinder design is nice because it is made to be packed in on a horse - We had four of us in the tent this year with no problem.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree 100% with checking the sale adds after hunting season is over. I have set-up a bunch of wall tents before. I have used Salem tents, Reliable tents, Montana Canvas & Rainier tents.
My favorite out of the four brands is the Montana canvas with 5' -walls. The reason why is the roof pitch is nice & steep. The steep roof pitch helps add room to your tent. You will not have to bend over as much when you walk around in it.
I recommend buying a Kwik Kamp frame for any tent you buy. Kwik Kamp frames make set-up a breeze. I can set up my 16' x 20' by myself in 20-minutes with a kwik kamp frame.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:41 AM

Sigma7,

You brought up my next topic, wood or propane for heat. I am leaning toward propane, but nothing final yet.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Sigma,
Are your sure you' re not chokin' the stove too much? Cylinder stoves are airtight, so you gotta leave ' em cracked or they will go out. I decided to get a new nested pipe and leave the damper off. It works better with a clear pipe and the door vent cracked.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:34 PM

I' ve been looking at these on Ebay for awhile: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=16041 It' s only 8oz canvas, but damn, it' s CHEAP!
Old 11-12-2003, 02:53 PM

Whoa! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=16041 There' s also a GP Medium on there for $300.

Quick Reply: Wall Tents ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.