Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2020 Hunts?

Old 06-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2020 Hunts?

Where is everyone hunting this fall?

With the Coronavirus running rampart it was tough to decide what to do. We decided to apply for tags and I drew an either sex elk tag in southern Colorado. My two buddies also drew Mulie tags in the same unit. It will be my first time back since the forest fire in 2018. Hope lots of new growth has the elk and deer plentiful.

Good of luck to everyone this fall.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

no plans for me this yr, not due to the virus however, just been taking a few yrs off of hunting I think,
almost 30+ yrs of taking 90 days off work to hunt across the USA, I am a little burnt out on trips!
tons of great memories and good times, but for now, just enjoying things locally!

But best of luck to you on your trip,(your buddy's too)
Colorado is a beautiful state, all the more so when your there in peak color times on leaves in the fall!

Old 06-05-2020, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Rob, is CI going with you to Colorado?

I'm staying local but plan on putting in a lot of time for deer, bear, fall turkey, quail and coyote. Mrbb, I'd love to hear about even 1 of those 90-day hunting trips across the USA. That sounds like an awesome series of hunts.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter

I'm staying local but plan on putting in a lot of time for deer, bear, fall turkey, quail and coyote. Mrbb, I'd love to hear about even 1 of those 90-day hunting trips across the USA. That sounds like an awesome series of hunts.
HAHA< yeah I was pretty spoiled for a long time being able to take off work as I did and just hunt, I used to pick a few states every yr, and would stay a week or two or more in each, doing from small game to deer hunts mostly
along with some trips to AK, mixed in, I did almost all self guided hunts, unless legally had to use an outfitter, and drove out, so I spent a LOT of my time behind the wheel driving out of my days off to hunt!
MY best of times to be honest were trips when I took along my last bird dog, I swear that dog could sleep in a truck for 36 hours NON stop and would refuse to go to the bathroom the whole trip till we got out west!
he was the best hunting buddy I ever had, his passing really slowed me down on trips, as they were never the same afterwards, one of them one in a million dogs I guess ! and I been lucky to have been about a lot of great hunting dogs over the yrs!
some yrs I will admit, after the season was over I was really glad to see things end!
as the hours I used to log in every yr sitting in tree's and walking fields and forest's were some pretty high numbers, (most I gather wouldn;'t believe me if I said what they were) I never did drugs, I think hunting was one to me though, as I was addicted to the sport big time!
I used to log things for a long time, before giving that up, same with costs, after a while I just didnl;t want to know LOL

But I sure made a lot of friends in a LOT of states and I have access to so many acres of private lands now, its not even funny!
one of them things, when I first started, I would have LOVED to know the folks I do now, and have the access I do now
and NOW I have it, I just don;t have the desire to hunt like I used to
funny how life works that way!!

Last edited by mrbb; 06-05-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mule deer, whitetails and probably javelina here in TX. I was going to apply for CO but I refuse to be forced to buy a license I have no use for just to apply for another license. CO changed the way they do things so they will never sell me another license. I have 23 elk preference points that will go to waste.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter

No, CI has sworn off states where preference points are needed. He is still sour about about some past misfortunes
Old 06-06-2020, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
Mule deer, whitetails and probably javelina here in TX. I was going to apply for CO but I refuse to be forced to buy a license I have no use for just to apply for another license. CO changed the way they do things so they will never sell me another license. I have 23 elk preference points that will go to waste.
Flags, I hear you about CO changing the way they do business. It would be a shame to waste 23 points. I hope you reconsider and go on a great elk hunt.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

My out of state hunt to SC for hogs was canceled due to the outfitter not being allowed to provide board and meals for out of state hunter. Had to reschedule till March of 2021. Pretty bummed about it. I was taking my brother in-law and a good friend on their first hog hunt.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Flags, I hear you about CO changing the way they do business. It would be a shame to waste 23 points. I hope you reconsider and go on a great elk hunt.
I grew up in CO and have shot 25 elk. I don't need one bad enough to play the game they want me to play. They have made it cost more than it is worth to me. It sounds strange but I can shoot elk here in TX for less than it costs me to drive to my native CO to shoot one. I can get mulies, whitetails and pronghorn here. I no longer have any desire to shoot a moose and I have already taken mountain goat, bear and bighorn in CO. Since CO decided to become an eastern county of CA they no longer have anything I need. I am seriously thinking about selling my property there and just washing my hands of the whole place.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:54 PM
car
Typical Buck

I'll be heading to Colorado to hunt elk in the first rifle season, like Flags I had 18 points going in this years draw and didn't want to pay the price to get any more points. Hoping for a successful trip! I'll be bear and deer hunting in WV and deer in Ohio. Didn't draw a moose tag in Maine, no surprise lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.