HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2020 Hunts?
Thread: 2020 Hunts?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 09:22 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Rob, is CI going with you to Colorado?

I'm staying local but plan on putting in a lot of time for deer, bear, fall turkey, quail and coyote. Mrbb, I'd love to hear about even 1 of those 90-day hunting trips across the USA. That sounds like an awesome series of hunts.
HAHA< yeah I was pretty spoiled for a long time being able to take off work as I did and just hunt, I used to pick a few states every yr, and would stay a week or two or more in each, doing from small game to deer hunts mostly
along with some trips to AK, mixed in, I did almost all self guided hunts, unless legally had to use an outfitter, and drove out, so I spent a LOT of my time behind the wheel driving out of my days off to hunt!
MY best of times to be honest were trips when I took along my last bird dog, I swear that dog could sleep in a truck for 36 hours NON stop and would refuse to go to the bathroom the whole trip till we got out west!
he was the best hunting buddy I ever had, his passing really slowed me down on trips, as they were never the same afterwards, one of them one in a million dogs I guess ! and I been lucky to have been about a lot of great hunting dogs over the yrs!
some yrs I will admit, after the season was over I was really glad to see things end!
as the hours I used to log in every yr sitting in tree's and walking fields and forest's were some pretty high numbers, (most I gather wouldn;'t believe me if I said what they were) I never did drugs, I think hunting was one to me though, as I was addicted to the sport big time!
I used to log things for a long time, before giving that up, same with costs, after a while I just didnl;t want to know LOL

But I sure made a lot of friends in a LOT of states and I have access to so many acres of private lands now, its not even funny!
one of them things, when I first started, I would have LOVED to know the folks I do now, and have the access I do now
and NOW I have it, I just don;t have the desire to hunt like I used to
funny how life works that way!!

Last edited by mrbb; 06-05-2020 at 09:25 PM.