Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2019 hunting plans

Old 02-19-2019, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Beyond the hunting I will do here in Montana for elk, deer, antelope , birds, black bear, I am most excited about the hunts that I host along with Montana Warriors On The Water (MWOTW) for this countries fine veterans of our military. I have posted on here before on hunts I have hosted with them. This year will mark the 4th year of a cow elk hunt we do in December here in Montana. Also, new this year, we are putting together a Purple Heart hunt together, we will be hosting 2 vets who have received a Purple Heart, thru the Purple Heart recipient program the state of Montana started a few years back, this hunt will be an elk and whitetail deer hunt for bulls and bucks. This past fall, 2 of our vets on the cow elk hunt received these tags, one from South Dakota, the other, Idaho. I urge vets to go to the MWOTW Facebook page and follow that, details of all our events will be available on there. With all this going one, along with summer events planned here on Ft. Peck lake, it is hard to get away for out of state hunts, I have offers from Alaska, SD, Nebraska, Texas, Florida, Georgia and perhaps a couple more, but I have a hard time leaving Montana other then in Jan-March, never been interested in traveling to Africa, just not my thing. Perhaps some day an Alaskan Moose hunt, but then I would need another freezer, LOL.
Attached Thumbnails 2019 hunting plans-1183.jpeg  
Old 02-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Keep up the good work MT

-Jake
Old 02-19-2019, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
Buffybr, who are you hunting with in Newfoundland? It’s a fun time on the Rock!
I booked with Caribou Pond Outfitting. The nearest town is Gander, Newfoundland
Old 02-21-2019, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well that happened fast. Guess I am headed back to Newfoundland this fall to chase swamp donkeys late season!
Old 02-24-2019, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will put in for elk, mulie, pronghorn and bear in CO. Will probably put in for pronghorn in WY as well. Here in TX I will hunt whitetail and javelina.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My plans took a drastic sideways path, will be hunting from August - Dec (?) in WY, deer, antelope, elk, pheasant, duck, geese. Why? We are moving there! Start driving out in 2 weeks. Still non-resident tags for a year, but should be fun.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats! Are you rebuilding on your old homesite or getting a different house and using that for a hunting camp? Now Frank won't have any excuses to escape from all those libs surrounding his island!
Old 02-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im sure CI will pay us a visit where ever we end up. Hopefully without Libs from the Island

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Congrats! Are you rebuilding on your old homesite or getting a different house and using that for a hunting camp? Now Frank won't have any excuses to escape from all those libs surrounding his island!
Old 02-27-2019, 10:07 PM
Spike

This year I am ready for Moose hunting in Alaska. Alaska moose (Alces alces gigas) is the largest of all moose species. The genetics in the area are excellent and so is the food source which makes for a healthy growing moose population. I hope, it will be a successful hunting trip.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:35 AM
Spike

AK Brown Bear/Black Bear combo in Sept and Elk MT Nov.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.