Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CO Spring Creek Fire

Old 07-16-2018, 02:26 PM
Dominant Buck

I was over to Rob's this weekend for a BBQ. Yes he had a really great view and could look west over the St Louis valley and see the western rim Rockies 100 miles away. The main focal point for the whole eastern rim is Mt Blanca one of Colorado's 14,000 + footers. One could sit at Rob's breakfast table, look out the window and there was Blanca top covered in snow and right in the middle of his view looking like we were right at the base. One troubling thing was a fast growing giant pine that over the years started to encroach into the totally open view of Blanca. Over happy hour we always talked about "trimming" that pine back a bit to keep the view. One fine day we actually ran a 28 foot ladder up that bad boy and since none of us dared to go higher (it was windy and that's my story sticking to it) and cut the top off we decided to wait for a better day. I can see by Rob's game cam pics that the damn tree wan't burned down. Mother nature got the last laugh.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 07-16-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I was over to Rob's this weekend for a BBQ. Yes he had a really great view and could look west over the St Louis valley and see the western rim Rockies 100 miles away. The main focal point for the whole eastern rim is Mt Blanca one of Colorado's 14,000 + footers. One could sit at Rob's breakfast table, look out the window and there was Blanca top covered in snow and right in the middle of his view looking like we were right at the base. One troubling thing was a fast growing giant pine that over the years started to encroach into the totally open view of Blanca. Over happy hour we always talked about "trimming" that pine back a bit to keep the view. One fine day we actually ran a 28 foot ladder up that bad boy and since none of us dared to go higher (it was windy and that's my story sticking to it) and cut the top off we decided to wait for a better day. I can see by Rob's game cam pics that the damn tree wan't burned down. Mother nature got the last laugh.

Maybe further down in the San Luis valley near Alamosa would give you some peace of mind and have driving distance access to your familiar areas. If you want something completely different it might be worth looking around Casper, Wyoming. Casper is a fair size town with healthcare and an airport.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any update?
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The search is ongoing. We have a long list of “must haves” and are trying to find the unicorn through the trees!