Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bucket List Hunts?

Old 12-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
And that's a tall order for you CI.
One thing for sure...I'll never forget our hunts together. I figure between the Newfoundland hunts and then the many years Colorado...my bucket is filled. I have enough memories to last a lifetime. That last bull elk was the best hunt in my whole life. Nothing could have been more exciting seeing as the whole herd was up close and personal and I could hear the bull coming up through the canyon thickets. Many thanks Rob.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Cal, that article sounds familiar. Not sure if it's the one I read before or not. But would certainly be a fun way to spend some money.
-Jake
Old 12-31-2016, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Grand Slam.
I have half the slam: Stone sheep from BC. Not a very good mount (neck too skinny) but I was tight on funds and used a taxidermist that was cheap but not very good. Lesson learned on that. The whitetail is a PA buck and is the best buck I've taken there. 8 pt with an 18 inch spread.

Bighorn from CO

The goat is also from CO and the Auodad and blackbuck were taken free range outside Pearsall, TX on a buddy's place. The blesbok is from RSA.

Last edited by flags; 12-31-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool sheep Flags. I like your Auodad mount. Would like to hunt them free range sometime also.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes CI those were fun times. That last elk hunt was one to remember. We will need to get you back out to burn your deer points sometime!
Old 12-31-2016, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Not really a single hunt, but I recall reading an article of a guy who got, or was attempting to get a deer in all fifty states(or maybe just 49?) I've tried to find that article recently and couldn't. But I think it would be a fun lifetime hunting goal. And would give a Hunter a chance to see and hunt all over without breaking the bank as badly as some of these other hunts.
Jim Zumbo hunted deer in all 50 states.

Even Hawaii has some deer.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think Hawaii has Axis deer.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

NA10, then I want to chase the NA29 or whatever is left/possible to hunt at that point, maybe the NA25? of course some animals I'm not crazed to chase at this point, but perhaps down the road, those will become more appealing to me.

I was fresh out of college when I read an article about apply for points now! I was 24? my first 2 states/hunts I applied for were

Montana Bighorn Sheep
Nevada Elk.

So I'd say those may be my top 2 dream hunts since I've in a sense been chasing them the longest, or they were my first inspiration, just knowing one day I'll draw those tags, especially the bighorn really excites me.

Other hunts that just get me excited are;

Sitka Blacktail in AK, DIY or self guided.... although probably outfitted...

All of the NA10, I want a Moose, a Caribou, a cougar would also be a dream hunt, pretty sure I have the mount already picked out! haha. but I know it's no slam dunk.

and of course I still need a nice ELK...

oh my god! I almost forgot the MUSK OX! I remember seeing learning about these as a kid, and saying one day I will hunt and get a musk ox!
It's wild to me so many of the big game mammals in NA that so many people don't even know exist! I guess that's because they're non hunters?

That's my semi short dream hunt list!

thanks for the topic!
Old 12-31-2016, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very Nice!

You could remount/stuff that neck if you really wanted to.

Originally Posted by flags
I have half the slam: Stone sheep from BC. Not a very good mount (neck too skinny) but I was tight on funds and used a taxidermist that was cheap but not very good. Lesson learned on that. The whitetail is a PA buck and is the best buck I've taken there. 8 pt with an 18 inch spread.

Bighorn from CO

The goat is also from CO and the Auodad and blackbuck were taken free range outside Pearsall, TX on a buddy's place. The blesbok is from RSA.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Spike

Pretty much everything I'm interested in hunting is right out my back door here in Montana. I could see going to Alaska - either Alsaka Moose or a great big caribou.

I put in for mountain goat every year, to no avail. I suppose you could call that my bucket list hunt. Not that I'm really a hardcore trophey hunter at all, but I just think hunting goats up above timberline would be a very unique adventure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.