Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bucket List Hunts?

Old 01-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default bucket list hunts

1. any hunt I could afford with john Porter and Morning Creek Outfitters.

2. elk and muley hunt with RobinVT
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha, you're funny Silvertip!
Old 02-06-2017, 03:10 AM
Spike

DIY Elk hunt.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

I just spoke with a few African guides. Can't bring the meat home, so it's off my bucket list.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by the blur
I just spoke with a few African guides. Can't bring the meat home, so it's off my bucket list.
It isn't Africa that says you can't bring it in. It is the USA. If it is any consolation to you none of the meat goes to waste and you get to eat an awful lot of it while you are there.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Kingsview Safaris
DIY Elk hunt.
The joys of the internet.

Here's an African PH whose dream hunt is a DIY Elk hunt, something that I've been doing out my back door for 40+ years, and I dream about hunting critters in his back yard in Africa.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by buffybr

Here's an African PH whose dream hunt is a DIY Elk hunt, something that I've been doing out my back door for 40+ years, and I dream about hunting critters in his back yard in Africa.
Sounds like an opportunity for some trading...
Old 02-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

As for my Bucket List, I've been fortunate enough to have lived most of my life in Colorado and Montana where I've been able to have hunted most of the Bucket Lists of the previous 3 pages. My first Bighorn Sheep cost me $25 for a Montana resident Unlimited unit tag (30 years ago), and a tank of gas.

My hunting passion has evolved to hunting new and different animals that has taken me on multiple hunts in Africa, Canada, and New Zealand where I have fulfilled several bucket lists.

My Bucket List this year will include a hunt for Dagestan Tur in Azerbaijan in August, and hunt in Québec for Caribou in September.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by buffybr

I have watched just about every Elk hunt there is on YouTube. Apart from Elk being such a beautiful animal it is more about how the hunts are conducted which intrigues me. Guess Im a sucker for pain and would look forward to a pack out! We have had quite a few clients hunt with us that have told me stories about hunting Elk, always enjoy sitting round the fire listening to those stories and vice versa them listening to our African hunting stories.

I will do it one day for sure.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chamois hunt in Europe, maybe in high Swiss mountains.

Sheep hunt via pack trip in NW Canada, in the vein of Jack O'Connor's hunts.

But frankly my yearly first rifle season elk hunts in SW Colorado camping at 11500 feet in a canvas wall tent with a wood burning stove is pretty close to the best hunt I can imagine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.