Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Remington X Mark Pro trigger >

Remington X Mark Pro trigger

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Remington X Mark Pro trigger

Old 06-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

That may be the lamest post I've ever seen on the net regarding this subject! Good night!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-06-2015 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Finn, I do believe I as well as most everyone else has stated that very same fact as far as the injuries and death goes. Bad firearms handling. But to say that there was no problem with the trigger group because the people that got hurt from it were being stupid is still burying your head in the sand. There was, and still is from all reports, a problem with SOME Remington trigger groups.

Would you say that 1% of cars being produced with faulty brakes was an acceptable percentage? Bet you wouldn't if it was YOUR family in a car with those brakes! Your math forgot to add one simple variable, human life. Even with the best firearms handling, an accidental discharge can result in injury or death. Pointing your weapon towards the ground while unloading, if it went off, a round could strike a rock under the dirt and ricochet into someone. Pointing it up and it could travel somewhere a long way off and kill someone. Crap happens. To say ANY percentage is acceptable when it comes to firearms safety is unacceptable. So I will backtrack a bit on my OWN statement previously after a little more thought and say that MOST LIKELY most of the deaths and injuries were due to improper firearms handling. Don't know the numbers on how many were direct line of fire vs. indirect caused by ricochet.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
got jewels, timneys, and professionaly tuned factory Remington triggers, not much difference IMO
RR
+1

Got my Remington Model 700 SPS DM in .243 Win. tuned by my gunsmith...........never a problem either ??

But I will say that I absolutely love my JP Enterprise on my AR-15 (Frankenstein) !!!

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.8.1_ezt.php

Last edited by Sheridan; 06-05-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Typical Buck

Have 14 700,a model 7,721,725,788. All have triggers tuned by a gunsmith. Know a lot of people with remingtons and no one I personally know has no problems with their remingtons either. The new Winchester pump shotgun goes off when you pump it. That might be the shotgun someone on this forum mentioned.
http://www.winchesterguns.com/librar...ail.asp?id=709

Last edited by Bbj270; 06-06-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bbj270
Have 14 700,a model 7,721,725,788. All have triggers tuned by a gunsmith. Know a lot of people with remingtons and no one I personally know has no problems with their remingtons either. The new Winchester pump shotgun goes off when you pump it.
http://www.winchesterguns.com/librar...ail.asp?id=709

And that is why Winchester IMMEDIATELY issued a recall on them!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-06-2015 at 07:29 AM.