Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Colorado Elk hunting partner needed >

Colorado Elk hunting partner needed

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colorado Elk hunting partner needed

Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by foggybottombob
I figured this would be a zero response request. I'm going with an outfitter this year.
Why? You have the gear and you've hunted elk for 4 years. Why pay an outfitter? I've done a huge amount of solo hunting for elk out of a backpack. Are you afraid of the sound of your own company?
Old 03-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

I figured this would be a zero response request. I'm going with an outfitter this year.
Finding a hunting partner is trickier than one might think. You both need to get along, have similar hunting styles and agree on a lot of things. Since you already have all of the equipment, have you considered introducing a newer hunter(s) (maybe even some kids) to the sport? You might find that is easier than connecting with an experienced hunter and it might be really rewarding.
Old 05-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I've decided to go backpack, DIY solo this year for the first time since 1993 I guess

at 45, rebuilt knees .... it should be a helluva challenge !!

I lived in Colorado a few years, hunted it a lot
Old 07-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

This may be too late to be useful, but for the future. If you live in Colorado, you ought to be able to bump into someone who hunts. Talk to people in your community and at work. Find someone who is interested. Maybe it is a young kid that you'll have to mentor through a hunter education class and teach the ropes to them.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Plenty of people in the area hunt, heck just in Monument alone. Doubt we'll make it hunting this fall, and with the El Nino shaping up, second season hunters better be ready for real snow.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:03 AM
Spike

I am in Florissant...

Would be interested in teaming up if you need help etc... two 4 wheel drives and a 4 wheeler...
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would never advertise for a perfect stranger hunting partner. Time and a lot money invested in the trip, the license and the equipment and then you may wind up with someone who is a tool and totally ruins your experience. There are lots of good people out there but it only takes one bad one to make a mess of things.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:49 PM
Spike

Default Hunting buddy still needed?

I've lived in Colorado 15 years and have hunted elk the last 4 years. I don't think I'm going to have a partner for 2015. I have a wall tent and other tents and all kinds of camping gear. I normally go 3rd rifle season. I have a 4wd truck and a hopped up CJ7 to get in and out of just about anywhere. I'm in a Jeep club and do rock crawling in the summer. I just don't think it's a good idea to get way out in the boonies for a week alone. I'm an engineer by profession and don't run into very many people in my industry who hunt.
Have you found a hunting buddy yet?