Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Colorado Elk hunting partner needed >

Colorado Elk hunting partner needed

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colorado Elk hunting partner needed

Old 02-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Spike

Default Colorado Elk hunting partner needed

I've lived in Colorado 15 years and have hunted elk the last 4 years. I don't think I'm going to have a partner for 2015. I have a wall tent and other tents and all kinds of camping gear. I normally go 3rd rifle season. I have a 4wd truck and a hopped up CJ7 to get in and out of just about anywhere. I'm in a Jeep club and do rock crawling in the summer. I just don't think it's a good idea to get way out in the boonies for a week alone. I'm an engineer by profession and don't run into very many people in my industry who hunt.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Where in Colo are you?
Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also have a well setup Jeep, but wouldn't plan to get in the back country for 3rd season. It could be easy, or impossible, because of snow. You never know.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Spike

I'm in Monument. The place I hunt has been good for 3rd season the last 2 years. It's a transition zone where elk funnel through once it snows. If there were no snow it would not be a good place to go. But it is hard to get to. I've hunted 3rd season 4 years in a row. Sometimes there is no snow and sometimes it's 2 feet deep.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's Colorado for you. Always throwing us curve balls. I've seen it snow in Leadville in July.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Most heartbreaking month of the year when I resided in Denver was June.

Heading out that way to work late summer/early Fall '15; I'm up for a Muley hunt.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
That's Colorado for you. Always throwing us curve balls. I've seen it snow in Leadville in July.
I remember watching snow fall in Denver in July when I was a little boy. I grew up in Golden and I've seen it snow every month of the year in CO.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Spike

I figured this would be a zero response request. I'm going with an outfitter this year.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Spike

Sorry, you did not get any takers. I would be interested, if I do not draw in NM. I have a cabin in ID that is my usual back up plan. CO would be a good back up plan and closer as I live in MN. Every year or two I take a couple of new guys out. We need more GOOD hunters.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've hunted solo since the mid 80's when my dad passed away. I got to really enjoy it.

No need to use an outfitter, because you have to hunt solo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.