Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY Mule Deer/Pronghorn

Old 02-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Spike

Default DIY Mule Deer/Pronghorn

Hey guys me and a couple buddies of mine want to do a combo mule deer/pronghorn hunt this year. Ive never been out west hunting looking for some ideas for where to go leaning between montana and wyoming any help would be apreciated im not looking to find monsters just something decent
Old 02-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stencel7
Hey guys me and a couple buddies of mine want to do a combo mule deer/pronghorn hunt this year. Ive never been out west hunting looking for some ideas for where to go leaning between montana and wyoming any help would be apreciated im not looking to find monsters just something decent
I know some guys who hit Wyoming every year. They make out OK.

Good luck!
Old 02-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Spike

thanks i just need to figure out which units
Old 02-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've got plenty of time to do your research, as Wyoming changed their last day to apply for deer and antelope for NRs to match the residents and this year it's
June 1.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Spike

Anybody have any insight on units 102 and 109 for antelope and is the same the same area as Y for mule deer bighorn mountains
seems to have decent draw odds on both species
Old 02-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stencel7
Anybody have any insight on units 102 and 109 for antelope and is the same the same area as Y for mule deer bighorn mountains
seems to have decent draw odds on both species
The reason 102 and 109 are easy to draw with no PPs and have lots of leftover tags is because almost all the antelope in those two units are on private property. If you can find a ranch to hunt on and lock it in, it will be easy to get the tags for either of those units. The same holds true pretty much for deer up in that general area, although there are some mulies up in the NF that is all public land.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

My personal advice/outlook would be to focus on 1 of those 2 species, perhaps really focus on mulies and if time allows chase some antelope. You certainly can combo both, but to try to take 2 trophies, 1 of each species could be tough without luck.

It would be possible IMO to take hunt mulies and then just take any antelope...

or chase mulies and scout for antelope for a future hunt... next year etc...

best of luck regardless of what you choose to do!