Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Update on our bear hunting issues.. >

Update on our bear hunting issues..

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Update on our bear hunting issues..

Old 11-02-2014, 03:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well it will only be 2 more days before the polls will close.. Then we will know for sure the out come of our fight against HSUS and the rest of the anti's.. It is still looking good and we believe we will be sending HSUS packing back to D.C... I will let you all know once we get the votes counted on how things went.. Even though we are in belief of a solid victory a lot can still happen..
Old 11-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well we have another anti busted for shooting grouse out of the window of a motor vehicle.. This guy claims he has shot 40 bears in 25 years ethically here in the state of Maine.. Legally there would be no way he could do that. Plus it was very doubtfull from the begining.. LOL He was an anti story teller and that was about it.. Now he has a real story he can share with them. lol Another one bites the dust...

https://www.facebook.com/bangordailynews/posts/10152389874495796?ref=notif&notif_t=notify_me
Old 11-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

While the vote is still being counted.. It looks like a win for us and HSUS will be getting the boot award the heck out of here.. As it currently stands we are clearly winning this against the antis and their money buying scemes.. Currently holding a 6 % lead with the counting winding down.. Yahooeee!!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

You guys won. Congratulations . I'm glad I can still hunt bear in the great state of Maine
Old 11-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Maine!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes and the final tally was 46 y to 54 nos !! We won with 8 % percent of the vote.. We now will be making plans for a bigger battle to come !!

Thanks everyone!!
Old 11-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

You did better than we did in Colorado.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I didn't think the election went too bad in CO. Udall is gone, Coffman and Buck are in office. Granted we didn't get rid of Hickey Baby but it was close.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
It was a long and drawn out battle that is for sure.. We pulled all political parties together and used all the resources we could find.. Also a lot of out of state help with the backing which was very helpful and a big thank you goes out to them.. I can tell you first hand it was a very tiring road to go but well worth it.. HSUS threw everything at it and still failed and that makes us proud up here.. Even though we wished the win would of been strong we still prevailed with the outcome.. HSUS looks at Maine as if it would be some kind of trophy if they can break us.. We let them know not yet!!
Old 11-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
It was a long and drawn out battle that is for sure.. We pulled all political parties together and used all the resources we could find.. Also a lot of out of state help with the backing which was very helpful and a big thank you goes out to them.. I can tell you first hand it was a very tiring road to go but well worth it.. HSUS threw everything at it and still failed and that makes us proud up here.. Even though we wished the win would of been strong we still prevailed with the outcome.. HSUS looks at Maine as if it would be some kind of trophy if they can break us.. We let them know not yet!!
The HSUS rolled right over us here in Michigan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.