Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Maine Moose Lottery

Old 04-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by map1
One thing that turned me off to Maine was you would pay minimum app fee for 1 point but could give extra money to buy more points. I don't know if it's the same way but I found it unfair.
Oh yes I had a thread going on Bowsite about the ridiculous 10 point packs ripping people off. I attached links to articles quoting the legislators even claiming it was totally unethical, but voted to continue bending over nonresidents anyway due to the extra money it generated from the line jumpers. The residents biatched about it so much they got rid of the 10 packs for them last year. Politicians suck.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Spike

Default Maine Hunting Lodge Moose Permits

A new law in 2014 allocates a limited number of moose permits to hunting outfitters. The law defines a hunting outfitter as a person who operates a recreational camp or sporting camp. For more information on this guarenteed moose tag, call 207-267-4166
Old 04-22-2014, 03:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mooseguide1
A new law in 2014 allocates a limited number of moose permits to hunting outfitters. The law defines a hunting outfitter as a person who operates a recreational camp or sporting camp. For more information on this guarenteed moose tag, call 207-267-4166

Getting an early start on your advertising, eh? Have you already been selected as one of the outfitters?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by hurricane1
Getting an early start on your advertising, eh? Have you already been selected as one of the outfitters?

Ya think, LOL! Naw, he wouldn't come on here to make a first post and do that!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Spike

Information from the state indicates that most of the qualified outfitters will get at least one or more.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Also I see that even if you shot yours you can still apply in order to score the bonus points..
Old 04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

First, I'm definitely not an advocate of this new law that was
slipped into place very quietly. It's just another way to take
tags away from the average person and give them to folks with
the deep pockets. I'm not an advocate of the ten packs for
non-residents either---I say just increase the amount for
1 chance in the lottery the same as they recently did
for residents.

However, I will add the the fellow that started talking about
this will not have to solicit on here ---as hard as it is to
draw a Maine Moose tag if he has an outfitter tag, folks
will be knocking on his door.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:10 PM
car
Typical Buck

It will interesting to see just how much more $$ the outfitters will want to charge above the $1500 tag price added to the cost of what they charged last year to hunt moose.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds to me like the SFW has their foot in the door in Maine now to get some tags out of the pool and into the hands of outfitters and that sucks!!!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Oh great. I pay my dues for 16 years then the Maine legislators grossly cheapen my points by peddling unlimited 10 point packs. Now they further water down my chances with outfitter welfare. Why am I not surprised? They have been whining about welfare for several years now, citing "that's what they do out west". It almost passed last year. And each year they will steal more and more tags. That is how it works. It will never end. There will never be enough to satisfy their entitlement ambitions.

Why am I not surprised? Yet again special interest groups line the pocket of a legislator to abandon the public trust. This time it's Maine's Troy Jackson.

http://georgesoutdoornews.bangordail...its-this-year/

All they got was one foot wedged firmly in the door, and you know what happens next? Paid your dues and waited your turn for 18 year?..........Bend over and grab your ankles:

http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...s/HP034301.asp

Last edited by Zim; 04-24-2014 at 11:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.