Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Enough Gun ?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

To answer mojotexs question,use the one you have the most confidence with.a poor shot with any caliber will result in the same thing,a wounded animal.a good shot with either caliber will result in the same thing also,a dead animal. questions like this it makes a person wonder how the 30-30 killed anything
Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doing well with what you have is the spice of life.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=Muley Hunter;4027149]Doing well with what you have is the spice of life.[/ no thats called boreing.if that were true firearm manufactures would be in seriouse trouble.in a way you should be glad ppl feel the need to buy new toys,it keeps business alive
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

We're all different. I can't get bored doing something I love. If I got bored, and bought a new gun. I'd be bored with a new gun.

I'd hunt 365 days a year if they'd let me.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

***You and me both Brother!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Life would be good.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
We're all different. I can't get bored doing something I love. If I got bored, and bought a new gun. I'd be bored with a new gun.

I agree we are all diffrent,it ussualy boils down to how much money you have,you dont see many rich folks driveing around in a 1980s geo metro.i dont know of anyone that bought a new gun and it ruined their enjoyment for hunting infact it usually works the other way around
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Typical Buck

Dont get me wrong,my 06 will always have sentamental value to me.but it isnt the gun that made the hunt a sucess, its the hunter.i would have been just as sucessfull with any other gun i felt comftorble with.i will say this about magnums,i have yet to kill anything with a magnum i couldnt have killed with a standard caliber.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

Lol,iv never heard the expression makeing due with what you have is the spice of life.nice one mulie
Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

In 1954 I got a Winchester 94 in 30-30 for Christmas from my dad. I still have it, and it's got more elk and mule deer kills than I can remember. It's a perfect gun for dark timber still hunting. I never found a need to replace it for CF hunting.

I did get into muzzleloaders, and enjoy that too.

I'm not the type to get bored with something I really like. It's actually a test for me. If i'm getting bored I know I haven't found what I really like yet. That's why I tried all forms of hunting when I was young. They all bored me, except still hunting, and i'm still not bored after all these years. I think it's safe to say at this point that I won't be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.