Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

big bear

Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
gonna say 275, neck looks too long as do the ears to be a big bear.
RR
I agree with RR about the neck and ears. A big 350+ pound bear would have small looking cookie sized ears rather than long looking ears. Belly is way too high to be a large bear. My best guess is female close to 200 pounds.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of stock put in the size of the ears. I know they stress that in the magazines so I see why people use that to judge bear weights on the internet.

Truth is, bears are all different. Some have bigger and smaller ears. Some bears have bigger heads than others. In PA, a bear that was pushing 900lbs had a smaller head than B&C bears that were 500lbs or lighter.

If I put a 1000lb bear on a scale, some people would tell me it was 200lbs because its ears don't look small enough.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Spike

350-400#'s
Old 09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

I can't bring his jpegs up and why I don't know. But give the guy a break. He got a nice bear...period. A lot bigger than what you are going to find down south. If I can do it, I'm going to put up one that weighed 580 and squared 8 1/2 ft. That's damn big for a black bear fellows. And that was the largest black bear for the year. We got quite a few of 250 to 350. But this one was the biggest. And oh yes, we got one that was 420. And these were certified weights at the Canadian Post Office. I'll try to attach the picture.
Attached Thumbnails big bear-big-baear-580lbs.jpg