Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Questions About Selling Black Bear >

Questions About Selling Black Bear

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Questions About Selling Black Bear

Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Spike

Default Questions About Selling Black Bear

I have a full mount black bear that my father shot around 1980 in the Porcupine Mountains in Michigan. He passed away in 1988 and I was left with the bear. I have enjoyed having it in my home for years but am now ready to sell it. It has been impeccably cared for and looks fabulous for being over 30 years old. The bear is about 48" from nose to tail and stands on three feet with a front paw raised. The girth of the bear is around 55". At the time it was shot the taxidermist had to have a body form sent from California to fit the bear. The reason I am coming to this site is because I really don't know much about selling a bear. I have done some research and have some ideas for high and low prices. As my fathers only child and daughter I want to make sure that I not only find a good home for the bear but also get a fair price. Any input or information that can lead me down the road to figuring out an asking price and where I could sell the bear would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Baby Bear