Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Maine Moose drawing..

Old 06-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Maine Moose drawing..

Hi folks just letting you all know that Maine's moose drawing is supposed to be drawn by the end of this June. I was finally able to put my name back in again starting this year. ( 2 year wait after getting one ) I also have a short video I jus got of my trail cam of a young bull. Now I am crossing my fingers again hoping for a tag..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BoK...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hey Phil, I hope to draw someday too. Up to about 15 NR points now. Very glad to see the point rules corrected a bit this year. I could use a tag. Striking out so far out west.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hope you can as well. It took me around 30 years to draw a tag and I filled it in 15 minutes. My hunting buddy and I decided prior to the hunt to take the first bull regardless of size. I wished we would of waited but we both agreed. So we took a 4 pointer and it was great eating just the same.. So now I am starting all over again. I hope it doesn't take 30 more years however.. If you do get a tag and end up in zone 19 let me know. I live up here in that zone.. Good Luck getting a tag.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I forgot my zone picks but I fill out almost every box with a zone. Generally start in the north, work my way to the SW, then start back up north with the 2nd tier of zones to the SW again.

My chances are low, but with the new rules I will have a realistic shot eventually. Not so under the old rules. I'm just 3 years from getting my points multiplied by 10.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you still stand a decent chance though. Yeah, that Northwest area is about the best it can get here for moose hunting. Keep in mind though if you do get drawn a lot of moose has fallen over the tick issues we are having this year. Good Luck on getting drawn..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck on drawing your moose tags. I'm still hoping to draw one some day here in Idaho. The wolves are having a pretty drastic impact on the herd though. As a result, less and less tags every year.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by KT29
Good luck on drawing your moose tags. I'm still hoping to draw one some day here in Idaho. The wolves are having a pretty drastic impact on the herd though. As a result, less and less tags every year.
KT, I was actually in Idaho a couple days during my Wyoming moose hunt last year. Drew unit 20. Freakin wolves howlin every night. The moose as well as elk were dam near extirpated in my unit. I put in as many as 16 miles hiking in one day and found extremely little game. Hiked to the highest peak where I could glass probably 25 square miles two mornings and saw 2 cow moose. Joke of a hunt.

After drawing nothing anywhere I was thinking of applying for elk/deer/lope in Idaho this year for first time in many, despite big NR nonrefundable license. Think I have a few days to decide. Not sure what to do.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=Zim;3941951]KT, I was actually in Idaho a couple days during my Wyoming moose hunt last year. Drew unit 20. Freakin wolves howlin every night. The moose as well as elk were dam near extirpated in my unit. I put in as many as 16 miles hiking in one day and found extremely little game. Hiked to the highest peak where I could glass probably 25 square miles two mornings and saw 2 cow moose. Joke of a hunt.

After drawing nothing anywhere I was thinking of applying for elk/deer/lope in Idaho this year for first time in many, despite big NR nonrefundable license. Think I have a few days to decide. Not sure what to do.[/QUOTE

Zim, where I live in North Idaho, deer hunting is still good. But elk season has been cutback to two weeks, mostly because of the wolf inpact on the herd. Quite discouraging for big game hunters. Tough times for big game in Idaho right now.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to those applying!

I went 0-6 as a resident years ago.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default New Hampshire

Phil,

Can't believe it but yesterday I hit the jackpot next door in New Hampshire. I drew C2 (ES) right on the border. It was my 4th choice. They posted odds already and my chances were 1% with the tag cuts there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.