Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Maine Moose drawing..

Old 06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go Zim! I am glad for you and hope you have some great luck filling your tag! I can remember the feeling when I got my tag 2 years ago. Now that my 2 year wait is over I am hoping I can get another one myself. I put 2 of our kids name in and the wife's hoping to have one drawn.. But I know it took me around 30+ years to get a draw..

I also wish you well on your Maine tag as well. Keep in mind on your hunt that the ticks are bad this year up this way. I have been bitten twice this year and have never in my life been bit by one. They have killed off some of our moose as well.

I think they will be drawing ours on the 23rd I am not sure it could be the 24th instead.. I will have to check when I get a chance to.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Only bad thing is my neice is getting married in Indianapolis on opening day of my 9 day hunt. I will drive up on October 13th to make a camp and scout 5 days. Then fly to Indy Fri/Sat, may not be able to start hunting til Monday. That would suck.

I'm checking flights out of Manchester, but it was mentioned there may be a couple other options.

Ya I read NH slashed moose tags from 675 to 275 or something due to the ticks. Less than half. Yikes beat long odds. I hate ticks. Saw a lot in Wisconsin on my turkey hunts by my Permethrin put the hurt on them. No bites.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Just got off phone with Maine F&W and had my application changed to points only. They are very cool about that. I don't know of another state I apply in where they would do a change so short before the draw date, with zero paperwork. Just a phone call. Old school.

Good for you others to keep in mind should you draw a conflicting tag in the future.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Hampshire

Congratulations Zim! (I never thought of New hampshire)

I guess we'll know about Maine, pretty soon.

Good hunting!
Old 06-23-2012, 02:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well this afternoon they will start drawing the tags here. I am hoping for some luck on it..Good Luck to everyone that has applied here..
Old 06-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Maine Moose

Congrats to those who pulled a tag!

I'll try again next year.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

No luck here either.. Congrats to those that did as well..
Old 06-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just wanted to add that the Moose population here is estimated to be at 75,000. This after a survey that was done this past spring.. Here is a link to it..
http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/20...mated-at-75000
Old 06-25-2012, 04:26 AM
Spike

Default I hit it first time.

Hey Fellas, I just drew a cow moose tag for wmd3. HELP!! I hate to even tell you that this is my first try at the draw. I thought I was going to have a few years to get all the info but now I have to scramble. I really can't believe my luck. Anyone know anything about the wmd? I pulled "nwk" season. I assume that is november? Please don't hold my good luck against me.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by gregkell48
Hey Fellas, I just drew a cow moose tag for wmd3. HELP!! I hate to even tell you that this is my first try at the draw. I thought I was going to have a few years to get all the info but now I have to scramble. I really can't believe my luck. Anyone know anything about the wmd? I pulled "nwk" season. I assume that is november? Please don't hold my good luck against me.
I think you are right, if memory serves me it's Nov 5 to the 10th. I drew a cow tag in WMD 6 for NWK also after 13 years of entering the lottery!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.