Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What state/oufitter should I consider for 2012 mule deer?? >

What state/oufitter should I consider for 2012 mule deer??

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What state/oufitter should I consider for 2012 mule deer??

Old 01-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Spike

Default What state/oufitter should I consider for 2012 mule deer??

I have shot 4 out of 5 species of deer with the bow and am looking for a mulie to put a finish to this. Anybody with any personal experience with areas or guides would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much
Old 01-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

CO- but with a bow would be very high altitude I would think...

perhaps NV or UT.

good luck, post pics!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Not sure how it works through an outfitter but drawing a tag isn't something that is easy unless you have points. I shot mine last year with 5 PP's in Colorado.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Spike

Colorado Eastern Plains Mule Deer...We have an opening for Archery this year, you can draw the tag with no preference points. We scout all year long and we've seen bucks from the 170's on up. Archery season is the best time of the year to hunt in the eastern plains as the mule deer are in full rut. Visit us at http://highplainsadventures.com for our contact information.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Spike

Montana has some great mule deer opportunities. Our out of state tags are a little high, but we offer a mule deer hunt on our 10,000 acres of private land cheaper than most guides/outfitters do. I have posted some photos on my site here if you are interested in looking. I also have posted what we have and offer if you go to my site here and see what posts I have made. We do not guide or are outfitters so if that is something you are looking for I’m not sure we can accommodate. If you have any questions do not hesitate to email me back.

Good Luck and Good Hunting
Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

We offer guided WY mule deer hunts in the Sheridan WY area. Tags are pretty much a guarantee to draw and the shot opportunity rates are very high. Email me @ [email protected] and I will send you some information.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Check this guy out. He specializes in big big mulies with a bow spot and stalk hunt with very high success. His name is Graham Brigden 403-893-2147. [email protected]
Old 02-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Spike

Big Valley,

Not sure if you have made a decision or talked to any outfitters. I hunted with High Plains Adventures for both Bison Bull and Antelope. They have soooooo much land and really knew their animals, I was very impressed. I was able to harvest a great bull and a not so common 80" antelope in Colorado. I had my son go on the December doe antelope hunt with High Plains also, a good way to get him started on big game and used to shooting his gun at something other than targets, he just now of age to start. During the December season while we were out in the eastern plains we saw many nice mule deer bucks out there, Brandon couldn't help himself but to get some footage for scouting purposes. I think it's on you tube if you look under High Plains Adventures. So not only did my son get to hunt, but we also got to scout some big mulies too, needless to say I'm putting in for myself and my son for the eastern plains this year for mule deer. Brandon and his guides were very patient with my son, they helped build his confidence and got him many opportunities to shoot. On the last day of our hunt my son was able to get his first big game animal, and was so excited. He said "mom next time I want a big buck like yours" so now he's got the fever!!