HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What state/oufitter should I consider for 2012 mule deer??
Old 02-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Trophy Huntress
Spike

Big Valley,

Not sure if you have made a decision or talked to any outfitters. I hunted with High Plains Adventures for both Bison Bull and Antelope. They have soooooo much land and really knew their animals, I was very impressed. I was able to harvest a great bull and a not so common 80" antelope in Colorado. I had my son go on the December doe antelope hunt with High Plains also, a good way to get him started on big game and used to shooting his gun at something other than targets, he just now of age to start. During the December season while we were out in the eastern plains we saw many nice mule deer bucks out there, Brandon couldn't help himself but to get some footage for scouting purposes. I think it's on you tube if you look under High Plains Adventures. So not only did my son get to hunt, but we also got to scout some big mulies too, needless to say I'm putting in for myself and my son for the eastern plains this year for mule deer. Brandon and his guides were very patient with my son, they helped build his confidence and got him many opportunities to shoot. On the last day of our hunt my son was able to get his first big game animal, and was so excited. He said "mom next time I want a big buck like yours" so now he's got the fever!!