Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What do you guys do with your bear meat? >

What do you guys do with your bear meat?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What do you guys do with your bear meat?

Old 11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default What do you guys do with your bear meat?

I'm not sure if I'm going to shoot a black bear or not this season, and so I was wondering what you guys do with the meat and fat? Oh, and how does the meat taste?

Last edited by THEMAKKER13; 11-14-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tried it twice and didn't care for it. Some people say it taste like pork,i didn't think so.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

bear taste a lil like dog, ....just kiddin, believe it or not, it taste like bear....i dont believe in "it taste like ......"..it is what it is...i would just do the deed and find an old skool dude that has a good recipe and give er awhirl. gl
Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't kill any animal that I wasn't going to eat the meat.

That's why I don't hunt for bear. I'd rather drink the oil from my Jeep than eat bear meat.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Bear is just like any other animal U shoot for meat if ya shoot a nice young'n they be very tasty...but if ya after a big O boar for a trophy ya might as well eat cardborad, as it will be tastier!!!! folks go out and shoot these bog bucks in the rout or a big bull elk, and they don't even make really good sausage, nasty, nasty tastin crap!!!!!
bear meat from a young boar or a sowis normally pretty tasty and we just have cut and wrapped as we would deer or elk...steaks roasts chops and burger!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like bear meat. I marinate it, grill it well done, so the fat will drop out. Make sure to grill it well done like chicken or pork. Good eating.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

eat eat eat
Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

Both of mine tasted fine.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Spike

It depends on the time of year. Fall bear is very fatty and greasy because the bear has been eating lots of stuff, trying to put on that fat layer for winter hibernation.

Spring bear tastes great! The bear has burned off all the fat it had accumulated the previous summer/fall and is typically more tender since it has not moved much in months.

Enjoy!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hazmat
It depends on the time of year. Fall bear is very fatty and greasy because the bear has been eating lots of stuff, trying to put on that fat layer for winter hibernation.

Spring bear tastes great! The bear has burned off all the fat it had accumulated the previous summer/fall and is typically more tender since it has not moved much in months.

Enjoy!
seeing how fat makes meat tender...i would think it was the other way around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.