Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows? >

What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Old 08-12-2003, 09:42 PM

Default What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures is looking for television show idea' s, if you have some idea' s besides the typical Billy Bob private games hunts, and or fishing on private lakes, I would like to hear what you have to say!

No idea is to small, examples, handgun hunting for big game, how to find a game trail, Has there been a show, and you have thought, why don' t they show this, or do that?

This show will appear nationally next year and we are putting show segments together for the 3 and 4 quarter, so if you have hunting, fishing, camping, ATV idea' s, or even break it down even more..reloading, bow hunting tech, any idea, will be looked at by our production staff, e-mail those idea' s to:

[email protected]
Old 08-13-2003, 10:16 AM

Default RE: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Fewer schmucks shilling the latest piece of crap designed to make lazy hunters think that its' a substitute for a strong mind and body and well developed skills.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

I' ll tell you what I think is missing from these shows, its very seldom you see the whole hunt. You see them in camp then shooting an animal. They don' t often show why they chose the spot they did. Why did they hang their stand in that spot? Show me scouting footage. Whats sad is they either hire an outfitter or go to a reserve. I would like to see them go to areas they don' t know super well and scout it and then hunt it just like I have to. And show it all. If they don' t get into a lot of game then thats ok because its real. Where are the real expert hunters that go into unfmaliar territory and really hunt? This is interesting to me because often times I have to do the same. The most challenging part of the hunt is usually finding game. I would love to see a show where they are experts at this and show you all the details of how they find game, not just shooting it.

How far did you hike in? How far from the nearest road are you? How many hours did you go before spotting game? How long did you hunt a spot before you moved on? If hunting elk how often do you bugle or cow call? Give me some details I can use.

Do it like I have to do it. Some of the segments can be real brief like what tags they put it for and why. Which ones they ended up getting. Then they go to topos and show you how to read them and what to look for. Then calls to biologist and game wardens. Then show scouting trips. Then of course the hunt. That would be a great show IMO.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-13-2003, 04:23 PM

I agree, watching turkey hunts is boring as hell.

How about boar hunting with dog and knife? Or with bay dogs.

Deer drives or hog drives with hounds? To do that, you would need multiple cameras because every hunter would need their own cameraman just in case that person is the one who encounters deer.

Deer hunting should be real. Show every interesting aspect of what went into the hunt. That' s the way to put a good show together. Show public or private land hunts and include the scouting and preperation that went into the hunt. If your showing a public land hunt, nobody is excpecting you to get a huge buck. Anything will be entertaining. A public 8 point is more exciting than a game ranch 12 point. And it' s something that everyone can relate too. Even if you don' t get it.

I realize that the one host of a show wouldn' t be able too make a whole season without going to those game ranches. And a few of those in a season makes a good show too. I' m glad to see you guys are exploring other possibilitys.

Try hunting hawaii.

Old 08-15-2003, 10:06 AM

Shooting deer on food plots is not hunting.
It is just shooting.
I feel sorry for the guys who are living in areas where that is how it is done.
Can' t watch those hunts, or the turkey hunts, or the gold prospecting shows.
The longer I have had the Outdoor Channel the less shows I can stand to watch.
It is much worse this year than last.
I watch Jim Shockeys show and Realtree road trips and the occasional show which has Alaska hunting or western hunting on public land.
Very tired of private land guided hunts where the guide take the " hunter" out and says there' s your animal and he shoots it. These animals are somewhat tame compared to the public land animals the rest of us are hunting out there in the real hunting world.
I have seen ranch elk stand there and watch a guy draw his bow back, just try that with public land elk!
Old 08-15-2003, 10:54 AM

i also cant stand turkey hunting. or watching those texas exotic hunts where they shoot them from a jeep. thats just pathetic.

i too would like to see more public land hunts. also cut out some of the darn commercials. im able to catch a show or two in the mornings on espn outdoors and i see about 10 minutes of hunting and 20 minutes of commercials. that just plain sucks.

id also like to see some predator hunts and varmint hunts. i love watchin yotes get toasted. spot and stalk bear or calling them in is another thing i like to watch. hound hunting them is kinda boring to watch.

also like to see some more western hunting. say for blacktails and mulies. elk also. tired of whitetails taking all the limelight.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:28 AM

I think black bear hunting could be shown more often. Especially bow hunts over bait. In areas where the bear hunting is good, you can see several bears in a night. You can also see all color phases and bears of all sizes. Having hunted bears and witnessed their interactions, I have to say that the average hour spent hunting bear is much more entertaining than the average hour spent hunting deer.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Spike

I agree with almost everything stated here so far. I would just as soon watch paint dry as to watch one more whitetail shot. I think that one show that tries to teach you how to plan your own hunt is worth it' s time. Sorry I can' t remember the name. How many of them teach you anything? Not too many. How many more times can I watch someone pan for gold? Talk about sleeping material! I think the problem might be that they aren' t designed for us foke that have hunted our entire life. They have to glamourize everything or in their minds it will not sale. I sure wish someone would call our " bluff" .
Old 08-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Spike

Just remembered the show. It' s " do it yourself hunter" . Dah!

Quick Reply: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.