HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:12 AM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Default RE: What would you like to see on outdoor TV shows?

I' ll tell you what I think is missing from these shows, its very seldom you see the whole hunt. You see them in camp then shooting an animal. They don' t often show why they chose the spot they did. Why did they hang their stand in that spot? Show me scouting footage. Whats sad is they either hire an outfitter or go to a reserve. I would like to see them go to areas they don' t know super well and scout it and then hunt it just like I have to. And show it all. If they don' t get into a lot of game then thats ok because its real. Where are the real expert hunters that go into unfmaliar territory and really hunt? This is interesting to me because often times I have to do the same. The most challenging part of the hunt is usually finding game. I would love to see a show where they are experts at this and show you all the details of how they find game, not just shooting it.

How far did you hike in? How far from the nearest road are you? How many hours did you go before spotting game? How long did you hunt a spot before you moved on? If hunting elk how often do you bugle or cow call? Give me some details I can use.

Do it like I have to do it. Some of the segments can be real brief like what tags they put it for and why. Which ones they ended up getting. Then they go to topos and show you how to read them and what to look for. Then calls to biologist and game wardens. Then show scouting trips. Then of course the hunt. That would be a great show IMO.