Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Canada Bear trip 2012

Old 10-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Spike

Default Canada Bear trip 2012

Hi all,

Plotting to do a Black bear hunt in Canada in September 2012

Just wondering what the average temperatures are there at that time of year?

Also as I have never hunted in 'bear country" should I be thinking about getting some bear spray?

thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Send me a pm if you are going to hunt Northern Ontario. Don't worry about bear spray.

As an avid Bear hunter I can help you out with any questions you might have.

Dave
Old 10-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

If you know where you want to go, you can google the local weather almanac and get the average temps for the area. It is what I used for planning for my spring hunts, and it was reliable.
My opinion is bear spray is not needed. You will be packing a weapon in any event. If you surprised a mom and cubs, I doubt anyone could get to it quick enough anyway. Going in to stand in the daylight you have nothing to worry about, and leaving I just clear my throat a couple times and turn on my headlamp. Any bear anywhere around will clear out like lightning.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Spike

Hi, I'm a Canadian. I was in a bear hunt last year,taking my "zos 10-40x60 E-SF R6 MilDot Tacticle Rifle Scope" from WelcomeGet. Com and my gun, with my partner. We had a good harvest.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Spike

Default Got room for you in our bear camp for fall 2012

We have a few spots remaining for the fall 2012 hunt. You can check out our website @ www.ulimatebearhunts.ca We haven't updated the website with pics from this year but if you email me I will forward you the pics from this year. Also I can send you a promotional dvd about us and some references.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Spike

Thanks for the replies.......

What caliber(s) are suitable, was thinking of buying a rifle over there and then shipping it home after the hunt, rather than bring one all the way over.