Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting Boots

Old 04-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question Hunting Boots

What do you guys that do alot of walking were?
Old 04-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been wearing these for 6 years, and I see no sign of wear except in the soles which look like they might go another 3-4 years. I hike everyday besides my hunting. Plus I just wear them all the time they're so comfortable.
No breakin was needed. I put them on for the first time and went for a hike. Warm and completely water proof. I recommend them highly.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footw...3Bcat104841180
Old 04-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Cool

ever sincet i moved up noath outta dixie i been warin shoes and boots most days. ifn i go out to eat at wafle home i wear a shirt alsotoo. they got signs allover up hear that i have folks rede to me.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, flannel shirts, wranglers, and boots is pretty much my wardrobe.

Throw in some camo, and i'm set.

It's good being an old fart that nobody cares what I look like.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

All depends on which season for me. I like soft soled Brahma's for bowhunting, either my Rockies or Danner's for rifle season and my Columbia's for mt lion season. The rest of the time I like my Double H boots. If Nike made a stiff ankled shoe with hunting tread I'd wear them in archery season especially if they came in air camo. LOL
Old 04-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Fork Horn

I agree that the Cabela's Perfekt boot is a great boot; I prefer the lower version though. I use these for archery elk in the Cabinet Mtns. & for late season mule deer. For my summer hikers I prefer to wear Merrrell Intecept's; they are lightweight, breath well, & hold up to all the wear & tear you can dish out. They are my favorite shoe out there.

-South
Old 04-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna try them on.I'm planning a trip over the summer to Cabelas in PA.Meindl has a good reputation for making a quality product..made in Germany not China is another plus.

I was also thinking of danner pronghorns..anyone wear these? i believe they're still made in America.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jerry d
I'm gonna try them on.I'm planning a trip over the summer to Cabelas in PA.Meindl has a good reputation for making a quality product..made in Germany not China is another plus.

I was also thinking of danner pronghorns..anyone wear these? i believe they're still made in America.
The minute you put them on you'll stop looking at the other boots. I did.

Did you read the reviews?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Kenetrek's are my choice.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
The minute you put them on you'll stop looking at the other boots. I did.

Did you read the reviews?
no i didn't read thne reviews but i will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.