Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Hunting Boots

Old 04-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by beech18
Kenetrek's are my choice.
I second that. I've worn the same pair of Hardscrabble's on numerous sheep, caribou, goat, moose, deer, and elk hunts. They've always been comfortable and still look great even after a lot of really rough miles. They'll be on my feet every waking minute that I'll be in the Alaska Range chasing sheep this August.

http://www.kenetrek.com/prodinfo.asp?number=KE-420-HK
Old 04-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Spike

During the early fall months of bear/moose season or antelope i wear my old desert issue combat boots. For later season i wear my Danner Ft. Lewis Boot.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by beech18
Kenetrek's are my choice.
Who carries these boots?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I have the Meindl 's Perfekt. Great boot with lots of support and good tread. I wear it out west for elk and mulie hunting. Only issue I have with it is that it squeaks . I have put Sno-Seal on the tongue under the laces and that has helped alot. . . . but it still squeaks some.

. . . Rob
Old 04-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought these to try out this year. Other pair of outfiiter series boots from Cabelas lasted 4 years, they still some life.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
Old 04-17-2011, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take a look here also;

http://www.meindl.de/english/
Old 04-17-2011, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Im not sure who all carries Kenetrek's. I know Scheels here in Montana carries them, thats where I first tried them on to see what size fits my foot. I now just call the company direct and order them when I need a new pair. If your looking for who carries them it might be listed on there web site or even give them a call Im sure they can tell you who in your area carries them. When I call there, they are always very friendly and helpful.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Spike

Just bought a pair of Danner Pronghorns on Saturday. Heading to Idaho hunting elk in the Frank Church Wilderness this fall....lots of up and down. Have come highly reccommended. Initial walk test in the yesterday: A+.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

In NY for whitetails, and turkeys I stick to Cabelas rubber boots. I used to swear by Lacrosse, but after I tried a pr of Cabelas I was hooked. They slip on & off better, and I had that pr for 5 seasons. Which is great for rubber boots.
Outwest in the mtn's I have a pr of Wolverine Bison boots I love. They have a spiked like tread on bottom, and I never slip or loose traction. My guide was wearing a pr of Danners, and he kept slipping. He fell hard 1x on a wet pine log, and landed on his back. I never slipped. They're real sure footed boots for that type of hunting.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jerry d
Who carries these boots?
http://www.kenetrek.com/dealer-locations.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.