Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
How And Where Do I Go Hunting I Want To Go Hunting This Year Please Help Me >

How And Where Do I Go Hunting I Want To Go Hunting This Year Please Help Me

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

How And Where Do I Go Hunting I Want To Go Hunting This Year Please Help Me

Old 02-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Spike

Default How And Where Do I Go Hunting I Want To Go Hunting This Year Please Help Me

Hi I Am Wanting To Go Hunting This Year Will Be My First Time By My Self And I Was Wondering How Do I Go Hunting By My Self And What Do I Do When i See The Wildlife Can I Just Shoot it Or Do I Need To Know Where I Am At And I Have Allot Of Questions Can You Please Help Me What Do i Do After I Shoot My Animal And How Do I Take Care Of It And Where Do I Hunt And How Do I Hunt And If I Am Hunting The Plains How Do I Know What The Boundaries Are And Where They Are And How Do I Know The Difference Between Public Land And Private Land And How Do I Find The Public Land On The Eastern Plains Of Colorado I Need Help Please Answer My Questions Thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

lots of questions there...this seems like a gag?
you should start with a hunters ed program, when ya finish that, i bet alot of your questions will be answered!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Take it from someone who hunts eastern CO alot. There are only two ways you can get a deer hunting license for the plains. Thru the drawing process or by acquiring a land owner voucher. Depending on the GMU this can take from one to several years in the drawing. I will assume you don't know anyone well enough that owns land in eastern CO to hook ya up with a voucher. Antelope is only slightly easier to get but the process is the same.
So if it were me, and its not, I would contact the CO DOW and get a new big game brochure for 2011. Check it out and ask a ton of questions. The more ya know the easier and quicker it will work for you. The application deadline for 2011 is April 5th.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

As skb said, start by taking a Hunters Education class which will be a good place to get many of your questions answered. Then go from there.