Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

PA-08 Upland 12

Old 11-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Ah...yes, name calling.....I see your IQ level is one that I dare not question you at all.

Have you ever shot an animal that was not broadside, standing still at less than 100 yards? I have still yet to meet an avid hunter who has never taken a questionable shot by someone else's standards, but at the time the hunter had no issue with it. Who am I to question his ability? He made the shot did he not? How many animals have you taken that required more than 1 shot? I am sure I will be enlightened by your answers.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bozeman
Ah...yes, name calling.....I see your IQ level is one that I dare not question you at all.

Have you ever shot an animal that was not broadside, standing still at less than 100 yards? I have still yet to meet an avid hunter who has never taken a questionable shot by someone else's standards, but at the time the hunter had no issue with it. Who am I to question his ability? He made the shot did he not? How many animals have you taken that required more than 1 shot? I am sure I will be enlightened by your answers.
The fact that you would condone a 400 yard head shot on an elk makes arguing with you pointless. How many animals have been wounded and died a miserable death from the hands of hunters that have the same mentallity. I'm sure they all say it was a clean miss when they couldn't find the animal. Pathetic is all it is. To think any different portrays what kind of hunter or even human being that one is. I'm glad I stand where I stand on this issue. You can talk until your blue in the face and and you will be just as wrong, no matter how many different ways you say it. The good thing is, 98% of the hunters on this site will dissagree with you.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

"How his a headshot unethical???? A head shot is either a hit or a miss."

Surely you can not be that naive. If you miss the kill spot on the head by only a couple of inches, you have an elk with a broken jaw that starves. That is not opinion, that is fact.

Not to mention what if she had moved her head at that instant to contrubute to a miss/wounded elk.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
Dominant Buck

He is just a teenager and I think we all know where he is coming from. Hopefully he will learn from this and become a better sportsman. Sometimes lessons are painfull and some times they aren't learned. I guess we wait to see what he is made of.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Typical Buck

Wink

Originally Posted by bozeman
Good shot! Please understand, yes ALL of the naysayers 'can' be and 'are' wrong. You killed the animal, 1 shot, 1 kill, enough said. It's amazing how someone thinks another person is dumb since their opinions don't agree......keep on practicing. If you can make that shot consistently, keep on.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

So Gen, after five pages, you learn anything?

Ron
Old 11-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

A head shot isn't hit or miss it's hit or blow off lower jaw leaving a fine game animal to slowly starve to death.A trapper buddy was entertaining company last Dec and about to step out on the deck /shooting bench to try his .338 About 200 yards away a cow elk was pacing back and forth unable to make the barbed wire.She had what appeared to be a necktie.Turns out it was he tongue and lower jaw hanging down from a F"D up headshot.She was dispatched and dragged to the back end of the 1/4 for the wolves and ravens to clean up.............need I say more?...........Harold
Old 11-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Spike

Stuff like this really irritates me. Grow up and practice ethical shooting, young man. Don't brag about what could have been a terrible situation.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

You guys are the ones that need to grow up! He made the shot he put his time in at the range and he did his homework. Whatever he did he obviously did it well. To him I say Congrats! To you all I say it just happend once and he pulled it off I doubt he will do it again so there is no point in flaming him.

Last edited by 2 Samuel 22:35; 11-22-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: I got a little carried away and needed explain myself better.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

The original poster did not ask for any ones opinion, so I won't give him mine. Nice elk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.