Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

PA-08 Upland 12

Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

I've just seen way too many animals suffering with their lower jaws blown off. Once again, the only part of your post I agree with is the part about practicing. The rest, not so much.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

http://wildlife.utah.gov/wr/0710ethics/0710ethics.pdf

Congrats on your hunt. I'm glad the shot took out the game and didn't leave a wounded animal for someone else to clean up.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, he probably deserves a bit of a break and should be treated a bit differently.

So, I'm sorry you had to take a 390 yard shot. With practice, you'll become a better hunter.

I'm happy for you to get some meat for the freezer and am very happy you are proud of your cow/calf. I'm super jacked you are fast enough that you were able to get there soon enough that she didn't get her feet under her, had the shot not been high enough.

What do you think she weighed? Should be good eating.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Spike

i'm not one to judge or call names,BUT. i think you should step back from your ego and take some of the advice that was givin to you in this thread. in my life time of hunting i have had the pleasure of seeing some amazing shots both at the range and in the field from friends. shots that i would never take myself but these folks take all the time.so i'm not saying nobody should take what I would consider as a high risk shot.and i'm not saying that you dont practice or you dont know the differance between a cow and calf. but what i AM saying is BRAGING ABOUT SHOOTING AN ELK IN THE JAW AND BLOWING HER TEETH OUT ON A PUBLIC FORUM!!!!!!! is not only stupid but shows imaturity and bad (VERY BAD) form.a "jaw shot" IS NOT a "poleaxe,hand of God,lightning strike,insant death,ect." "head shot".period.A HEAD SHOT DOES NOT MEAN ANYWHERE IN THE HEAD. IT MEANS A DIRECT BRAIN SHOT. LET ME REPEAT THAT .BRAIN SHOT.
if you are "blowing teeth" out you are not "hitting where you are aiming".and therefor not up to taking "eithical" HEAD SHOTS.
you got very lucky with this shot period. a head shot is NOT a hit or miss situation. its a hit or wound or miss. dont kid yourself in thinking anything differant.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
I shot her in the lower jaw all her teeth were blown out including the Ivories so that was a bummer, But I will always remember my first head shot! Ha ha
This above is the whole problem with your post. Bragging that you blew all her teeth out. Way to go, Jack Wagon. You never cease to get me to shake my head on just about every post you make.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 2 Lunger
Jack Wagon.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

You are so imature by your actions and follow post about laughing at everyone's responses. I guess you probably head shoot animals with a bow at one hundred yards also. You are the very reason hunters get tagged by non hunters as not being ethical.
You need to learn respect for the animals you pursue. Where I used to hunt they hunted with dogs and I have seen deer crippled and jaws shot off only to be left to die a slow and terrible death. Fornuately that was a long time ago and I no longer have to be around such actions. I enjoy just being in the woods enjoying nature and whether I see a deer or harvest one its great just having the privalige to be able to enjoy moter nature.

Always remember that the animals you pursue are Gods creation and thanks to god and the men and women that serve our country we have the freedom to enjoy what we love to do. Please do noy abuse your privlidge.

God Bless and good luck
Old 11-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Good shot! Please understand, yes ALL of the naysayers 'can' be and 'are' wrong. You killed the animal, 1 shot, 1 kill, enough said. It's amazing how someone thinks another person is dumb since their opinions don't agree......keep on practicing. If you can make that shot consistently, keep on.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Spike

And you claim to be a elk hunting guide, and an experienced hunter, then we get this crap from you... Dude, you really need to pull your head out!! If you were my son, i would be greatly embarrassed by your posts on this forum
Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bozeman
Good shot! Please understand, yes ALL of the naysayers 'can' be and 'are' wrong. You killed the animal, 1 shot, 1 kill, enough said. It's amazing how someone thinks another person is dumb since their opinions don't agree......keep on practicing. If you can make that shot consistently, keep on.
Bozeman, what's really amazing here is the fact that you had time to think before you typed this response. I don't think you are dumb because we disagree. I think you are dumb because you are dumb. You can't fix stupid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.