Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

antelope????

Old 09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default antelope????

Seriously, has this species been forgotten by the board?

Does anyone hunt them?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually end up going with four or five guys every year. In four days I am planning on heading out again. Here in CO the season is short and antelope hunting only gets a short mention.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-...goat-hunt.html
Old 09-27-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skb2706
I usually end up going with four or five guys every year. In four days I am planning on heading out again. Here in CO the season is short and antelope hunting only gets a short mention.
Yeah, I know. Antelope always takes a back seat to Elk in Colorado (I live there, too, only the Army has me in Virginia this year...no antelope). Where are you going?

I have a friend who lives in Hugo. He's got some feelers out with property owners out there to see if they'll let me hunt on private land when I get back next year.

It really pizzes me off that it seems you have to have one or two preference points to get a tag! There are so many antelope they almost seem like a pest out east.

Hmmm...perhaps I'll take one with a muzzleloader next year? I've hunted with mine before, but never for antelope. That would require a bit more challenge. I don't shoot the frontstuffer out beyond about 100 yards. The gun is capable of more, but I'm not without optics, and it doesn't have any!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mac266
Yeah, I know. Antelope always takes a back seat to Elk in Colorado (I live there, too, only the Army has me in Virginia this year...no antelope). Where are you going?

I have a friend who lives in Hugo. He's got some feelers out with property owners out there to see if they'll let me hunt on private land when I get back next year.

It really pizzes me off that it seems you have to have one or two preference points to get a tag! There are so many antelope they almost seem like a pest out east.

Hmmm...perhaps I'll take one with a muzzleloader next year? I've hunted with mine before, but never for antelope. That would require a bit more challenge. I don't shoot the frontstuffer out beyond about 100 yards. The gun is capable of more, but I'm not without optics, and it doesn't have any!
I have a private land voucher for a doe antelope I can't even find an interested person to use it. So preference points not with standing there seems to be alot of people interested until such time as it comes to actually going. I've had two different people back out of going in the last two weeks.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skb2706
I have a private land voucher for a doe antelope I can't even find an interested person to use it. So preference points not with standing there seems to be alot of people interested until such time as it comes to actually going. I've had two different people back out of going in the last two weeks.
Shucks if I wasn't stuck in VA I'd offer to take that tag off your hands! I'm not sure that's legal in CO, though.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to miss opening weekend, but I'll get to hunt on the last day of season, and that's all the time that's needed.
Plan is to go coyote callin', check out a few antelope in the process, and then once the right antelope is found, put on the orange and go put one in the freezer, then back to callin' coyotes.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Spike

Good morning,
I am new to the forums, and am currently rekindling my love of hunting. After a 20 year hiatus, my 15 year old son has taken a rabid interest in the sport, and I have been bitten as well.

We will be hunting area 23 as well this weekend. We scouted the area last weekend, and there are some fine goats. We were also looking for mule deer, but it was hot and we did not see many. We spent most of the day on foot glassing ridge to ridge, but didn't see much. The Antelope hunting should be good for all this weekend.

I look forward to hanging out here with you folks. I'll see ya.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Historian, hope ya kindle the fire in your young son's soul for hunting....Good luck..Antelope hunting is a very good choice for the beginner.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

My wife and I drew rifle antelope buck tags for unit 141, killed a nice goat there in 2008, will be great hunting with my wife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.