HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - antelope????
Thread: antelope????
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:45 AM
skb2706
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mac266
Yeah, I know. Antelope always takes a back seat to Elk in Colorado (I live there, too, only the Army has me in Virginia this year...no antelope). Where are you going?

I have a friend who lives in Hugo. He's got some feelers out with property owners out there to see if they'll let me hunt on private land when I get back next year.

It really pizzes me off that it seems you have to have one or two preference points to get a tag! There are so many antelope they almost seem like a pest out east.

Hmmm...perhaps I'll take one with a muzzleloader next year? I've hunted with mine before, but never for antelope. That would require a bit more challenge. I don't shoot the frontstuffer out beyond about 100 yards. The gun is capable of more, but I'm not without optics, and it doesn't have any!
I have a private land voucher for a doe antelope I can't even find an interested person to use it. So preference points not with standing there seems to be alot of people interested until such time as it comes to actually going. I've had two different people back out of going in the last two weeks.