Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
FREE Peak Elk Bugling Dates >

FREE Peak Elk Bugling Dates

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

FREE Peak Elk Bugling Dates

Old 09-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by genesis27:3
The property I hunt/work on has a ton of elk, its on private land. I have been doin alot of hunting and scouting up their latley and about every time I go out I see at least 15-20 bulls and maybe 3-4 cows. I am just curious to see what you think, I never have really liked bugling just cause I havent had much succes with it. I have the Imaka da bull crazy call by primos and it works almost every time, do you think the bull to cow ratio as a something to do with this? Almost all the bulls I see are big 6x6's and bigger. Which us outfitters dont mind ha ha. But I know this is probably considered a unhealthy herd, what are some effects that I could except to see in the next couple years?

I suspcect ther emust be cows someplace, becaue it is totally unherd ot to have more nulls thatn cows in a unit.

I alwasys prefer using a cow call to attract bulls, I only use a bugl to get them to sound off.

If you truely have more bulls than cows, you can expect to see some of those bulls move out of there to find cows, and if it stays that way you will not see any increases in your herd, because you don't have any cows to produce calves.

But, I suspect the cows are somewhere, they often stay at lower elevations than the bulls early in the season. As time progresses, the bulls usually move to the cows,

T.R.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
SW Montana region 3 near Dillon units 331/332

archery season opens sept. 4th.

will either be hunting opener or about a week later mid september...
Google peak Elk bugling dates and look it up.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Why not just post the dates here instead of trying to lure people to your site?

Because there is more to explain than just the dates for some states.