Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Caribou late season discounts? >

Caribou late season discounts?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Caribou late season discounts?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Caribou late season discounts?

I was talking to a guy the other day and he said if you go hunting caribou in the late season the price drops drastically. He said instead of like $4500.00 for 2 caribou you could go for less than a $1000.00 for 2 caribou. Anyone else heard anything like this or have any leads?

I don't mind getting cold and atleast the bugs would be froze off.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen that to be the case in some of the hunt brochures. November Caribou hunts are really reasonable.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The main difference is that in the late hunts you drive up...Long drive on a road of ice... Some guys like it.. It is possible to get a decent bull, but it's basically a meat hunt, because a lot of the adult bulls have dropped antlers....Colder than a well digger's butt...Many guys just drive up and shoot them from the road...
Old 07-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

PYGMY, hit the nail on the head. The hunts are cheaper, long drive on the ice roads, and almost all bulls have shed thier antlers. Would make for a great meat hunt though.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, late December and early January hunts are half the price of a November hunt. But I usually go late December. If you bide your time and look, there are still some nice bulls around. Because you can always wait till your last day and shoot the ones that don't have horns anymore.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys I'll look into it.