Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Where to start?

Old 01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

One option you can do is apply for a trophy unit as a first choice and not expect to draw it, but apply for a 100% unit as a 2nd choice, that way you still gain a point, and get to hunt antelope this year....maybe do an eastern wy hunt and pay a trespass free on private land, or just one of those 100% draw units with some public land...

something to consider
Old 01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Spike

I sent you a PM
Old 01-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

This is very good thread....

I have hunted public lands in wyoming, mainly national forest and i do recommend getting points, some areas do have leftover tags that you can still get if your not drawn for a particular area...

What interests me is i was actually thinking about a tresspass hunt this year, see i have never done that out there before i have always just gone to the forest, but my father wants to go but he wants to do the whole ranch thing, so i figured if i could find a property where you could get a tresspass permit for a week would be perfect for him since he doesnt like the idea of sleeping in a tent... If anyone could PM with some links or list of property owners that charge for tresspass that are fairly good spots that would be much appeciated... I have points and i would probably have to use the party tag system since i dont think my dad got points last summer like i told him too.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Spike

The areas that I outfit in north central Wyoming around Sheridan and Buffalo have been 100% draw odds for both antelope and deer tags. I really don't know of anywhere else that has the numbers of game that this area has. All of my hunters were 100% on both animals in 2009. The seasons run at the same time and alot of the property we hunt has both species living together. The deer / antelope combo hunt is our most popular hunt and you have until March 15 to apply. I will do the aplication process for my hunters at no charge. This is one of the few areas that you can be sure to get both tags and have lots of opportunities. Check out my website oldwesthunting.com and let me know if you have any questions. I still have some spots open in 2010.
oldwesthunting.com
[email protected]
Old 02-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Spike

The areas that I outfit in north central Wyoming around Sheridan and Buffalo have been 100% draw odds for both antelope and deer tags. I really don't know of anywhere else that has the numbers of game that this area has. All of my hunters were 100% on both animals in 2009. The seasons run at the same time and alot of the property we hunt has both species living together. The deer / antelope combo hunt is our most popular hunt and you have until March 15 to apply. I will do the aplication process for my hunters at no charge. This is one of the few areas that you can be sure to get both tags and have lots of opportunities. Check out my website oldwesthunting.com and let me know if you have any questions. I still have some spots open in 2010.
oldwesthunting.com
[email protected]