Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Canada Outfitter

Old 03-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default Canada Outfitter

Does anyone know anything about wild country outfitters out of canada me and some freinds are planning a moosehunt we found them thru cabelas. just seeing if any one has used them or know of anyonyone that has. Also do you think a Rem 7mm is big enough or do i have to go bigger i know alot of it is shot placement. Thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Spike

Default RE: Canada Outfitter

Being from Canada, I can tell you its probaly pretty slim that someone else on this board has used that same outfitter. Canada is a big country (bigger then the US).

That being said, a 7mm is an excellant moose cartridge. Their is no need to go to anything bigger. Believe it or not, moose aren't actually as hard to take down as you would think. Most guys believe that elk are harder to kill. Use a well contructed bullet, and you'll have no issue.

Good luck!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Canada Outfitter

Can't help you with the outfitter, but assume you asked for references and followed up on them? If not do so!

I have shot over a dozen elk and moose with a 7mm rem mag, no quams here. Moose aren't near as tough as an elk to bring down, however they are still BIG withthick hides, heavy muscle and bone structured so they do require moreof a bullet then deer. Use a well constructed (premium)bullet like a Barnes TSX, Nosler Partition or Accubond, etc., put it where it counts and you'll be eating moose steaks.

Good Luck