Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado Blackpowder Drop Camp Recommendation >

Colorado Blackpowder Drop Camp Recommendation

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Blackpowder Drop Camp Recommendation

Old 10-13-2008, 06:00 PM
JWG

Default Colorado Blackpowder Drop Camp Recommendation

My son and I are wanting to go on a blackpowder elk drop camp in Colorado in September 2009. We have been on several blackpowder drop camps before and had success. We are wanting to go to another camp next year. All we are asking for is the opportunity to see and get an elk. Does anyone have any recommendations of an outfitter or ranch that might be a good drop camp in blackpowder season?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Spike

Default RE: Colorado Blackpowder Drop Camp Recommendation

I had a successful archery trip with Winterhawk Outfitters this year, they had some black powder hunters coming in the week after I hunted.

Just curious on who you have hunted with so far? I wouldn''t mind trying someone new. Not because I didn't like Winterhawk, you can't argue with success, I just like to change things up.

You can check them out at Winterhawkoutfitters.com
Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Blackpowder Drop Camp Recommendation

I agree on Winterhawk. I've been there 2x's. Both on guided hunts. I was unsuccessful, but saw elk. Some darn nice bulls too. I had a great time. Larry & Lori Amos run a first rate outfitter operation, and treat you like family.They are very well known, and have been seen on many Hunting shows. They have several drop camp setups, and will accomodate you to your liking, and ability. My next hunt there will be a drop camp hunt as well. If you contact them, they can send you a dvd of their operation.