Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I Shot My Sons Bull !!!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I Shot My Sons Bull !!!!!

Great hunt! Definatly one you'll always remember. Congratulations!!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome story there Paul and great bull. It's obvious to anyone that has been around here to read ( and live, through great story telling) your stories year after year, that you areda' MAN when it comes to elk hunting.

At this point we could not see him but figured him to be a 5-point bull.
what would lead you to make that observation? Just because he sounded like a younger bull?? or that he sounded like a particular 5-point that you had encountered before?? or.....

What's going on in New Mexico???

Thanks and again congrats...for the umpteenth time
Old 10-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thief !!!! Good story Paul !!! Congrats.........
Old 10-04-2008, 01:04 PM

Elknut, I always love reading your stories. I can just imagine being right there beside you as it's all playing out. Do you make all the elk calls you use? I'll probably be looking your way for another elk bugle in the fall.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Typical Buck

Guys, thanks! You're right, this hunting season is a memory builder for sure, I always treasure the times I can spend with my Son, after all that's what life's all about, Family, Friends & Hunting !

Hillbillyhunter1--- I've heard thousands of bulls over the years & can generally predict what type of bull I'm hearing or working! I also take into consideration the encounter at hand & make a quick evaluation, at times I am wrong! This was one of those times, he was a 6-point with 3 cows not a 5-point, there was a bigger guy telling him to stay away at the time! I should've been clued in by the distance between the two bulls, oh well you live & learn! (grin) I will say I'm right 90% of the time! Thanks!

ElkNut1
Old 10-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: elknut1

Guys, thanks! You're right, this hunting season is a memory builder for sure, I always treasure the times I can spend with my Son, after all that's what life's all about, Family, Friends & Hunting !

Hillbillyhunter1--- I've heard thousands of bulls over the years & can generally predict what type of bull I'm hearing or working! I also take into consideration the encounter at hand & make a quick evaluation, at times I am wrong! This was one of those times, he was a 6-point with 3 cows not a 5-point, there was a bigger guy telling him to stay away at the time! I should've been clued in by the distance between the two bulls, oh well you live & learn! (grin) I will say I'm right 90% of the time! Thanks!

ElkNut1
Now if you could just tell which way Paul is headed you got er made ! ;0)
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Great story and great bull!!!! I cant wait to get out west for an elk hunt with my dad.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

nice bull and cool story!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paul,
good story. isn't funny how it works out some times! The Idaho boys are all doing pretty well this year on the forums!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM

Is it pretty easy for an out of state hunter (Washington) to harvest a bull in Idaho. I realize I'd hafta get way back away from everything in the wilderness, and I have no problem doing so. It's tough in washington to get away from people because every where the elk are is so darn easy to get to. I'd like to get into some bulls that aren't so educated from the idiot hunters that can't call worth crap.

Quick Reply: I Shot My Sons Bull !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.