Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wyoming Double on Antelope... >

Wyoming Double on Antelope...

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Wyoming Double on Antelope...

Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Wyoming Double on Antelope...

Alicia and I had a great trip to Wyoming on our second archery hunt. We were both able to take our first goats with a bow.
My doe came into the water hole Saturday afternoon about 4 pm. There was a 25 mph cross wind. It was 60 yards across the waterhole to the far side from the blind. Alicia didn't feel comfortable at anything over 40 yards, So, I took the shot. I ranged it at 59 yards. I compensated a little bit for the wind. The arrow found it's mark, she took one step, before she fell over.

Alicia's shot her first goat this morning about 10:30 AM. It did not go quite as planned but it paid off in the end. She had a 32 yard shot at the goat broadside. Her arrow hit a little bit back and low. Her doe went about 100 yards behind the blind and laid down. While she was laying there waiting to expire. A buck desided he would take advantage of her. He tried numerous times to get her mounted by to no avail. The more he attemped, the more she tried to fend him off. She ended up getting up from her bed. Not good! She went about a mile before she laid down again. We watched her for awile and decided to put a stalk on her. Alicia did a great job and arrowed her again at 40 yards.

Meet our little Badger friend "Buddy" that joined us on our Saturday hunt. He wasn't scared of the blind at all. He milled around for about an hour as we watched.They are very interesting animals.

15 feet from the ground blind...

My goat is laying at the tip of my finger...

Putting the meat pole to work!

I will have a ton of more pictures/video to add to this ..STAY TUNED!!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wyoming Double on Antelope...

nice work!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Congratulations on a successful hunt!
I like the composition of your pictures.
My friends and I will never understand how you guys out West can pull off those long shots in the wind!
Looking forward to the next set of pictures.

Douglas
Old 09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where are their horns? haha

Congrats, how was it with the bow? I'd really like to take a buck with a bow.

How do you like that hitch mount hoist?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nice. I love hunting antelope in Wy.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 PM

is that one in the background or a decoy?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice. Congrats you 2.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job! Antelope hunting looks like alot of fun and a challenge.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks! We had a great time. To answer your questions...that is a Montana Doe decoy in the background.
I am blessed (sortof) with living where we do... right along the mountains. We get40+ mph winds ALOT! I do alot of my practicing in the wind so I am pretty confindent in my wind "guessing". I was comfortable with the shot and figured if I didn't kill it, I would shoot infront of her. If she had been facing into the wind I wouldn't have shot... Too risky to hit guts. In case you were wondering... I am shooting a 25 3/4" Easton XX78 2317 with Predator Vanes, 100 grain Grim Reaper Mechanical, 525 grains total weight over all. My Bowtech set at 70 pounds the arrow moved almost 2 feet to the left.
We only have doe tags as they are 41 dollars a piece. We didn't want to risk the high " buck tag" fees beings this is our first year. I will put together a short video here after while and show you some of the bucks we had come visit. One of which is 16 tall and easily 16" wide. I WAS SICK! (Video is coming stay tuned!)
As far as the meat pole goes. I made it for about 30 bucks. I bought some 2" square tubing and welded it myself. I used a small piece of rebar(heated and bent)for the hook and rebar for the gambrel. pretty simple really and makes life 1000 times easier. I am also going to make a single fish hook shaped hook for skinning deer and elk quarters. If you have any questions on how to do it let me know would be mroe then happy to help you.
I will post up that video as soon as its done uploading. You won't believe this.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 AM

Nice Antelope!

Quick Reply: Wyoming Double on Antelope...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.