HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wyoming Double on Antelope...
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
ElkNutz
Typical Buck

Default Wyoming Double on Antelope...

Alicia and I had a great trip to Wyoming on our second archery hunt. We were both able to take our first goats with a bow.
My doe came into the water hole Saturday afternoon about 4 pm. There was a 25 mph cross wind. It was 60 yards across the waterhole to the far side from the blind. Alicia didn't feel comfortable at anything over 40 yards, So, I took the shot. I ranged it at 59 yards. I compensated a little bit for the wind. The arrow found it's mark, she took one step, before she fell over.

Alicia's shot her first goat this morning about 10:30 AM. It did not go quite as planned but it paid off in the end. She had a 32 yard shot at the goat broadside. Her arrow hit a little bit back and low. Her doe went about 100 yards behind the blind and laid down. While she was laying there waiting to expire. A buck desided he would take advantage of her. He tried numerous times to get her mounted by to no avail. The more he attemped, the more she tried to fend him off. She ended up getting up from her bed. Not good! She went about a mile before she laid down again. We watched her for awile and decided to put a stalk on her. Alicia did a great job and arrowed her again at 40 yards.

Meet our little Badger friend "Buddy" that joined us on our Saturday hunt. He wasn't scared of the blind at all. He milled around for about an hour as we watched.They are very interesting animals.

15 feet from the ground blind...

My goat is laying at the tip of my finger...

Putting the meat pole to work!

I will have a ton of more pictures/video to add to this ..STAY TUNED!!