Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado Archery Elk Units >

Colorado Archery Elk Units

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colorado Archery Elk Units

Old 07-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colorado Archery Elk Units

Hey guys, we're planning on going to Colorado in September but we haven't ever hunted there. Anyone have any suggestions on which areas produce? We're going in blind so I'm just trying to do a little homework before it hits us.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Archery Elk Units

37,371,444,45,55,54,71,74,75. Tons of hard huntin, tons of sweat and fun. Enjoy.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Here's some good reading
Redclub

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/HuntingGuide
Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Red, that's pretty good info!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Lots of good areas in Colorado, alot depends on how far back in your group can get. Though, I have one friend who has been successful hunting close to high traveled areas.

Being that Colorado is OTC, you will have some company. Next year, take a look at applying in New Mexico. For $8 per application and limited licenses, it would be far better for the DIY'r...and the quality would be slightly better.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Lots of good info on this site...do some searching as a start.

Also, in reading your sig line, you must not subscribe to Ron White's theory?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope your doing alot of homework, and fast! I planned my 1st Colorado archery hunt for 3yrs. I decided at one point being my first time seemed wiser for me to just go guided, and have everything provided for me. So all I had to do was showup, and hunt. That was enough preparation in itself. I can't even imagine going out blind 1st time w/o least someone whose been there. Not trying to stir you away, but its a whole new world of hunting in Colorado mountains for Elk. Its nothing like going into the woods after whitetail. You'll need camping gear, means to hike back in, and spike camp if needed. Horses & mules are the best means of travel. Especially if you get into higher elevations. If you've never experienced high elevation hunting your in for a treat. I was running several miles a wk to get into shape. I got to Colorado at 10,000ft, and 20yds up a hill I was winded, and had to stop. I'm a small person too. Its like theres no air at first. I just want you to realize what your getting into!
Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: Colorado Archery Elk Outtfitters

I am looking for a 5-6 day guided Co. Archery Bull Elk hunt this fall. I know its late, but I was rejected for a NM draw.

I will be hunting alone and can do a 2 on 1 guided deal. I am ok with staying afield in a wall tent. I am in good shape and will be able to walk/ climb and shoot well to 50 plus yds.

Please advise with details if you know of an honest hardworking outfitter or have slots open in a hunt you have planned

Thanks,

Dave
Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't tell you if they have any openings left or not. Maybe the 1st or 4th wk. Sept. I hunted with them in 2006, and going back this Sept. Give them a shout, ya never know Larry might be able to fit ya in. www.winterhawk.com
Old 07-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Dave,

solo here and sent you a PM....can't wait for elk season...

Quick Reply: Colorado Archery Elk Units

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.