HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colorado Archery Elk Units
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
BuckAlley
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Archery Elk Units

I hope your doing alot of homework, and fast! I planned my 1st Colorado archery hunt for 3yrs. I decided at one point being my first time seemed wiser for me to just go guided, and have everything provided for me. So all I had to do was showup, and hunt. That was enough preparation in itself. I can't even imagine going out blind 1st time w/o least someone whose been there. Not trying to stir you away, but its a whole new world of hunting in Colorado mountains for Elk. Its nothing like going into the woods after whitetail. You'll need camping gear, means to hike back in, and spike camp if needed. Horses & mules are the best means of travel. Especially if you get into higher elevations. If you've never experienced high elevation hunting your in for a treat. I was running several miles a wk to get into shape. I got to Colorado at 10,000ft, and 20yds up a hill I was winded, and had to stop. I'm a small person too. Its like theres no air at first. I just want you to realize what your getting into!