Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Writer needs adventure stories! >

Writer needs adventure stories!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Writer needs adventure stories!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:49 AM

Default Writer needs adventure stories!

Hello All,

I'm a freelancer and my editor put the call out for adventure stories on hunting and fishing. He gave me a very short schedule for getting back to himwith a story idea. So...if you've got something that folks would be interested in reading about please let me know as soon as possible. Appreciate it!
Thanks,
Mary O. Parker
Old 06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Writer needs adventure stories!

Which Publication would this be for?
What would be the rights for the story after publication?
A few more details please.
With the time, work, and cost involved hunting stories don't come cheap to the owner, and a great "True" hunting story is a priceless commodity sometimes saved for only the most select campfire tellings.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:40 AM

Default RE: Writer needs adventure stories!

Hey there,

This would be for the Game & Fish magazine network and I'm just fishing for stories at this point. My editor has put a call out for the January adventure issues (nationwide) and I'm trying to round up something worthy to present to him. Now...if I find something really good I'll try to alsosell it to other pubs(with a different angle)that might also be a good fit (like Outside - depends on the nature of the story and how many different dimensions it might have...man-against-beast, man-against-man, man-against-nature, man-against-himself, etc.).

The issue of "rights" is usually between the writer and the publication (since it's really a copyright issue). In other words, you could tell another writer this story and he/she could write it another way for another article. I don't pay folks for their stories so the issue of rights doesn't come up between those who share with me and myself. This means you always have the right to tell your story to whomever you wish and that wouldn't be taken from you.

I understand what you're saying about time, energy, etc. As a writer I invest a lot into rounding up something worth writing about, then trying to talk an editor into finding valuable magazine space for it, then interviewing and researching, then (finally) into writingthe story.

Got a good one for me?

Mary