Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Idaho Spring Bear Season

Old 05-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Idaho Spring Bear Season

Anybody have any info on how the season is going so far? I have a week long trip starting Sunday in the North Central part of the state and heard that there has been little activity so far due to the late snows. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Idaho Spring Bear Season

The late snows had the guides I was with behind schedule on their baits by about 2 weeks.Then the full moon had the big guys nocturnal,but I managed to connect with a nice young chocolate on the 6 night of the hunt.by the way i was hunting in the Salmon,Id area.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

You lucky ****s!! I can't start bear hunting till Sept.1st here in Minnesota.

Congrats on the bear coors and good luck Mallard!!!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

You will be hunting the lower river drainages. The roads going above 4000 feet are snowed out. Everything is about a month late. This could work to concentrate bears lower, but also can make it impossible to get to the open scree fields and meadows at higher altitude. The place I killed a bear at last year at the end of May, you will not be able to get into untill July. I have seen a few nice bears taken this spring, one local guy shot a 400 plus pound Chocolate that was really nice. I have only seen three so far, but have not bait hunted this spring, and the three I have seen were all small 100 pounders.

Good luck, if nothing else you will be in some neat country, and be able to find some sheds and morrells.