Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 help with spring bear hunt in idaho >

help with spring bear hunt in idaho

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

help with spring bear hunt in idaho

Old 12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default help with spring bear hunt in idaho

I am wanting to archery hunt for baers in the spring and was wondering were do i start and what type of equipment do i need other than the bow, i already have that. Is it recomended to carry a side arm? do you hunt them from stands? to bait or not to? Any help would be awsome. also are there alot of bears around the pine and featherville area of idaho.
Thanks for the help.
Marshall
Old 12-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: help with spring bear hunt in idaho

This place is lowsy with bears. For good action, spring baiting is by far the best. Middle May starts the breeding season and boars are on the move then. My friends stand hunt, but I don't like heights so I hunt from a ground blind. A sidearm is good to have but not necessary. I bought one this last year because of the fact that I am usually crawling through the bushes, and they can get nasty when they get wounded. I have never known anyone out here to get attacked, but it sure makes you feel more at ease knowing you can knock em down quick if you need to. I have hunted the area that you are asking about. There are bears there, but it would not be on the top of my list. PM me if you want. I can probably help out a little with area suggestions.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: help with spring bear hunt in idaho

Legal to pack a pistol in Idaho and smart to have a little back up. Everyone who has a wreck with a bear can't beleive it happened to them, but someone has to make the papers. Hunt over bait if your unit is legal for baiting. I've found while guiding that the full moon weeks have the bears feeding mostly at night and hunting is poor.