Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moose Mounts

Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Moose Mounts

Imay be getting ahead of myself here, but I will be going to New Brunswick this upcoming Sept for my first moose hunt. I was considering getting a European Mount or horn plaque done. Possibly a full shoulder mount.
I was just wondering if anyone could post pics of their moose mounts... any kind... so I can get some ideas.

I also posted this on the taxidermy forum.
Thanks

Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Moose Mounts

If you get a nice one, I'd get a full shoulder mount for sure, there's not much better than a moose over a fireplace.....or just up on a nice big wall with a big moose, otherwise I'd consider just a european, or maybe even just antlers.....

so just shoot a brute and get that full shoulder.....I'm pulling for ya.

I think any moose is big, and so are those antlers, but those alaskan-yukon......I remember seeing a HUGE one mounted in a hotel in Chicago years ago, that was impressive.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

I hope you have a *big* fireplace or room to put your mount. Those are really big.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

I absolutely love my moose mount. I got a 43 inch bull in Wyoming. I have no regrets for getting a full shoulder mount. I know I would regret not having it if I would have gone with a horn mount or European. I suggest a shoulder mount. Mine is beautiful.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

I took a 44 in New Brunswick over a decade ago and had it mounted with a shoulder mount. Takes up lots of space glad I had French doors to get it in the house. I took a 62 inch moose in Alaska that hangs above the barn. Hate to put it out there but just don't have ths space to hang it and my other trophies. Go for the shoulder mount you won't regret it.

Goatslayer........
Old 05-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd also suggest getting a full shoulder mount.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I mounted just the antlers of my 54" bull I shot last fall. One reason was the size factor!! and another was cost.
The moose hunt is costly enough then to add the cost of a shoulder mount it might just hurt my future hunting plans!!

But If I was financially capable to get one done I would probably also have the room to put it in!!!

Good luck ,Rodney

Old 06-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Here is the pic!!

Old 06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Full shoulder if you can afford it, which if your going on a guided hunt you should figure that into part of your expense anyways. If not European is your next best bet. Moose horns just don't look right to me on a plaque, unless they are really large, but then of course they really should be mounted.

Quick Reply: Moose Mounts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.