Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Dangerous game

Old 03-02-2003, 07:55 PM

Default RE: Dangerous game

Dsk1969,
If you want some adventure and a real challenge try hunting a wild hog with only a knife. If you fair well then try more adventure this should be your first challenge!
Old 03-07-2003, 08:26 AM

I' ve hunted quite a lot of big game and have shot my big 5 (lion,leopard,water buffalo,elephant and kudo), the biggest rush I think is buffalo , you don' t have to go to Africa for them you will get hunting in Australia for very littlw $' s.
Australia and NewZealand offer some amazing sport and it' s a lotcheaper than Africa.

Stew
Old 03-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

We were hunting late season Elk in N.W. WY last Dec. It turned out there were grizzlies spotted within 1 mile of where we bagged our Elk. I did not like the idea of having to look over my shoulder while we pulled the 2 animals down off the mountain with the smell of Elk blood all around!

The fellow we stayed with and the older fellow I hunted with, who have hunted in that area for many years, told me that if I had to shoot a charging bear I had to hit it in the brain or the neck. They said that even a heart shot at close range will not kill a grizzly before it got to me, if it was charging. [&o] It was pretty sobering. Thankfully we didn' t have any encounters.

A couple fellows we saw at breakfast every morning did one day though. A big bruin came within 50 yds of the one fellow before it smelled him and it took off. Even the next morning you could see it shook him up quite a bit. He didn' t have much color in his face when retelling what little he cared to talk about his encounter with the bear.

I' d stay clear of any such thing, if I could help it. In my opinion, it' s foolish to go out looking for trouble.
Old 03-08-2003, 09:56 AM

Check you messages.. I sent you an email about hunting cougers in rocky country above old Mexico. [email protected]
Old 03-18-2003, 12:58 AM
Fork Horn

S.R. Corndog has a point. Hunting Wild Boar with dogs and only a knife is a challenge, and the odds are evened up quite a bit.
Was once left holding a big fellow by the tail, when the dogs let go, thumped my knife in so hard and fast I broke the handle off the blade, but the damage was done. That Boar was about 160 pounds, about the same weight as me.
I had one blade, that pig had two, and he sure knew how to use them.