Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

bear hunts in the us

Old 03-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default bear hunts in the us

im looking in to doing a bear hunt with my bow wanted to know if anyone could give me some info on some good places in the us
BLACK BEAR
Old 03-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: bear hunts in the us

Minnesota has a good population of black bears in the northern part of state. Thousands of acreas of public hunting land, with little or no pressure at all. Generally you have to be drawn for a tag in most areas, but around Thief River Falls area, you can pick up a tag over the counter due to high bear population and low hunter numbers. I'm assuming your an out of state person, so you'd have to check on the regs. Our season starts usually Sept 1st, with baiting allowed 2 weeks prior. Happy hunting! Taz
Old 03-28-2008, 07:51 AM

Best chance for success would be a costly guided hunt on one of the Alaskan islands. Good chances for success throughout Washington, Oregon, NOrthern Cal.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

its either south or north carolina! biggest skulls in the US! Seriously if I was going to book a bear hunt in the US I think that would be the first place I'd look.

In a year or two I'll be going to mich, UP, but that's only because it'll only cost me the cost of the tag....not any monsters from what I've read, though maybe if I pass a few up I can take a big boy, also considering using a bow instead.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tazimna

Minnesota has a good population of black bears in the northern part of state. Thousands of acreas of public hunting land, with little or no pressure at all. Generally you have to be drawn for a tag in most areas, but around Thief River Falls area, you can pick up a tag over the counter due to high bear population and low hunter numbers. I'm assuming your an out of state person, so you'd have to check on the regs. Our season starts usually Sept 1st, with baiting allowed 2 weeks prior. Happy hunting! Taz
Where you been? The northern woods in Minnesota is full of people and guides every where. I've been going up there for 30 years and its getting down right terrible.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
car
Typical Buck

What part of the US do you want to hunt in? Alot of states have bears. Do you want to hunt over bait, use hounds or spot and stalk? Need more info
car
Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

What kind of bear do you want to hunt? You never said if it was a black bear, grizzly or polar bear, it would be nice to know what exactly it is you are looking for..
Old 04-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Contact Mike at http://conmans.homestead.com/#

He is in eastern NC surrounded by a refuge that has one of the densest black bear populations east of the Mississippi.

Tell him blackheel sent ya' (I get nothing out of it, I just know Mike. I promise)
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
JT
Spike

If you wanted to go to Ontario, there is a place that takes bowhunters just an hour across the boarder from Minnesota. Go to eaioutdoors.com and inquire with an email. They don't have the hunt on the website. They are booked for fall 08 but you could check for 09.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:04 AM

Have you check out Maine--- we have a fall season starting in late Aug. these hunts are over bait most of the time. -- if you contact me i can give you a contact

rick